My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For what ever reason my 4wd indicator light stays on all the time on my dash. The only time I can get it to go off is when I physically pull back on the 4wd lever. The tractor is not in 4wd,..will be the first question I get back to this,...so what else could it be?

Anyone else had this problem?

·
3K & Yet So Little to Say
3,341 Posts
Sorry, no issues here. Good Luck, don't be afraid to put the ball in the dealer's court.

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Not under warranty anymore,...

·
Only Green For Me!
228 Posts
I am sure there is some type of adjustment on that lever. It is just hitting a limit switch that makes the light come on. Follow the lever back and I am sure you will find a switch and some type of adjustment point.

·
Just passing through
8,422 Posts
For what ever reason my 4wd indicator light stays on all the time on my dash. The only time I can get it to go off is when I physically pull back on the 4wd lever. The tractor is not in 4wd,..will be the first question I get back to this,...so what else could it be?

Have you owned this tractor since it was new? If so, have you ever used your foot to engage the MFWD???

Warning note from manual...
IMPORTANT: Avoid damage! Hand engage MFWD lever only. Foot engagement can damage mechanism.

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I bought it used with 118 hours on it. I ALWAYS hand engage the 4wd, and the 4wd system works just fine,..it is just that darn light. It used to just flicker, but now it is on full time even when I am not in 4wd.

·
Just passing through
8,422 Posts
I bought it used with 118 hours on it. I ALWAYS hand engage the 4wd, and the 4wd system works just fine,..it is just that darn light. It used to just flicker, but now it is on full time even when I am not in 4wd.
27 is the switch you want to check...

·
Registered
171 Posts
not to steal anything from this post but my light on my 2320 does not ever come on anymore. any ideas on that?

·
Banned
12,901 Posts
Have you owned this tractor since it was new? If so, have you ever used your foot to engage the MFWD???

Warning note from manual...
IMPORTANT: Avoid damage! Hand engage MFWD lever only. Foot engagement can damage mechanism.
Is the 2320 lever down on the floor like the 2210? I know i ALWAYS use my heal to engage MFWD.. first i would have to get off the tractor to engage it (bad back) and WHY would they stick the lever nearly on the floor if they want ya to use your hand.. hmmmm JD YOU MESSED UP on that one. :lalala:

Sorry for the rant..

Maybe what ever that switch is supposed to hit got bent one way for 2320 guy and it got bent the other way for the other fella.. or maybe a burnt out light bulb if it flickered all the time or the switch is coming un plugged..

·
Registered
178 Posts
had exact same prob mine would flicker the high and low handel was hitting the switch i moved the wire and ziptied it away from the high low handle. take the rear right weel off check the switch to see if it is jammed in .stretch your connecting wire prob pulled out try to push it in, deffinitly the switch needs adjustment.

·
Registered
171 Posts
sweet thanks, i will dig a little deeper

·
Registered
1,660 Posts

This has happened on both of my 2520's, there is an adjustment, I honestly have no idea where it is as Deere looks after all this stuff but I know the one I use mainly has been adjusted three times in the past 18 months.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts