My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Choices choices?
Hello,
I know I dont want to go smaller but is there an upside and downside between these two models? I think I can use the extra power but want to remain maneuverable for the smaller jobs. Any thoughts?
Thanks Mike

·
Registered
806 Posts
Looks like the 2610d is about 800# heavier than the 2310d. That's quite a lot. Unless you have some tight spots to maneuver in I would have to favor the big boy. Don't know anything about whether one model has anything over the other.

·
Registered
806 Posts
No clue about the power steering. Let me go on to say I have a 2002d with a front end loader and power steering. I love it. Now if it ever breaks down I may cry big tears because I never see any information about parts or even a sketch on the power steering. It sure is nice with the loader tho.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Hi Mike. I have a #2610D that I put a front loader on. I don't believe these tractors came out with power steering. I found out that power steering is a must have with a loader. I was able to find a add on power steering for my tractor which works great. I am unable to get a brand name off of the unit,sorry. Bottom line is I like the #2610D. More power is better than under power.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
rbowl,
I had just come to the conclusion that the models ending in 20, 2820D, 2620D all had power steering where as the 2310, 2610, do not have power steering. I arrived at this by looking at Frederick"s description of the Yanmar models. Maybe not in all cases though. Did you put the FEL on after purchase or did it come with it?
mike

·
Registered
29 Posts
Sorry for the delay in replying to your post. I have had quite a month. I bought the tractor as a basket case. Have had to repair or replace more than what the tractor is worth. Did all the work myself. Put on the loader and the power steering after getting every thing fixed and repainted. Now I have a fondness for it. Good working unit.

·
Retired Super Moderator - Deceased September 2015
26,679 Posts
Thanks- Big day here -I'm hanging around waiting for delivery of a 3220D with FEL!
that sounds like it is going to be a GREAT day for you! Congrats! Be sure to post some pictures!:thThumbsU

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
The silence after I mentioned Fredricks seemed rather loud. I was termpted to bring up the structure of the wholesale side as I understand it, but thought it best to just drop it, and I've been busy playing with the tractor. I'll post some photos.
Mike

·
Retired MTF Admin
11,156 Posts
Whoa...I don't know why you'd feel that way?

Fredricks is a well respected importer and I can't imagine anyone saying anything negative about them our your dealer selection. I look forward to pictures and reports of progress with your new machine.

Regardless of who you decided to go with or what brand, we don't allow any brand or member basing!

·
Registered
67 Posts
what was the final cost for the YM3220?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts