My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Why is the 740 Ultimate so close to the 2305 in price? It seems like the 2305 is a significantly bigger, more versatile machine. I have a 740 and am looking at a 2305 and wondering if I am missing anything.

·
3K & Yet So Little to Say
3,341 Posts
My dealer always says it like this: that when you are mowing with a 2000 series, you are mowing with a pick up truck, but when you are mowing with a x700 series, you are mowing with a Cadillac. I know this is a generalization, but it might help some.

·
USMC
19,146 Posts
You would be giving up comfort going to the 2305, giving up an oil cooler for a fan, FEL work is faster and will handle a little more weight than the X740. Both are close to each other and the only reason I went with a 2305 over the X748SE is because of the FEL work. Both do a great job mowing and for snow removal. slkpk

·
Registered
973 Posts
Also x series lower setp getting on tractor, NO 3pt standard on x740, NO HIGH OR LOW RANGE ON X740.... Also when setting on each 2305 hyd lever next to your seat instead of next to steering wheel. Brake pedal on left side 2305, on right side on x series.
My personal taste like controls on 2305 better.
I've used a x785 this summer 1 or 2 days a week , then come home and get on my 2305 hyd seems slower for x series lifting and lowering mower deck.
Safety switches also. On 2305 and x series put tractor in neutral set parking brake you can get off tractor with engine running..... If mower is engaged on 2305 tractor and mower will keep running on xseries engine shuts off. Also while mowing on 2305 back up no problem w/mower engaged on xseries mower shuts off..( you can put a wedge under switch and it will keep mower engaged (don't ask how I know this)
Xseries backing up you do get back up lights..

1 - 5 of 5 Posts