My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today we dug 3 ft down to install 20 ft of 18 inch round drain pipe. Pipe is for pond drainage that runs under the road. Had to do this to redirect the water flow from washing away the lawn. Then ended it with a header wall. Job took about five hours to complete.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
looks great:thThumbsU

·
I Love All Color Tractors
22,321 Posts
That looks very nice. I love the rock headwall that you built.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Very nice,

Any trouble with the backhoe (large rocks or anything else)?

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
Nice! Thanks for the pics!

·
USMC
19,146 Posts
Looking good. slkpk

·
9K+ Poster
12,161 Posts
This is just another story of why I like to say these "little" machines have a lot of attitude. Like Deere says in their brochure, "they will move a mountain one bucket at a time" -- and they will! Thanks for posting the pics! :thThumbsU

·
Great Site Good People
6,656 Posts
This is just another story of why I like to say these "little" machines have a lot of attitude. Like Deere says in their brochure, "they will move a mountain one bucket at a time" -- and they will! Thanks for posting the pics! :thThumbsU

:ditto::ditto:Looks great!:fing32:

·
外人Geezer MTF Member
2,218 Posts
Good job! Did you put the stripe on the pipe facing up? I put in a culvert a few months ago, and the guys where I bought the pipe (just like what you have) told me to put the green stripe up - said it is designed that way to hold more weight, etc.

Anyway, your job looks great! Makes me want backhoe even more!

·
I Love All Color Tractors
22,321 Posts
I hadn't heard that about the stripe on the pipe before. I'll have to look into that a bit.

·
Registered
973 Posts
Looks great !!!!!!11

·
外人Geezer MTF Member
2,218 Posts
I hadn't heard that about the stripe on the pipe before. I'll have to look into that a bit.
Yep, that's why they put the colored stripe on the pipe.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts