My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I have a 2007 2305 with 145hrs on it. Love this tractor and havn't had one issue with it. Lately, the trottle won't stay at the set RPM I put it at without falling down. It will stay at full throttle but won't stay at less than that, it drops down to idle. Have any of you had this problem? If so what do I need to do to make it like it was new again? I suppose over time the trottle has just become less and less "tight" per say due to up and down use. I Hope I'm making sense here and thanks for any help.

Warden398

·
Registered
668 Posts
Is the lever actually going back down to the idle position or is the engine just dieing out.

·
USMC
19,146 Posts
Lift the hood and follow the cable until you see a couple of nuts. Adjust accordingly. slkpk

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It just slowly drops down towards idle when I'm on it mowing if I don't have it full throttle.

I see the two nuts and will adjust them. Do you know what they do? the cable runs through a braket with a nut on each side then through the throttle assembly. Do the nuts just keep tension on the cable? If so the cable does have a small amount of play when it is in the idle position, say a1/4" or so before it engages the RPM's.

Warden398

·
Registered
147 Posts
Hope this helps.
There are also some spring washers on the hand throttle shaft that can be adjusted to hold more tension.
I have the same issue, MOSTLY when I'm doing stuff NOT at full throttle, but today the vibrations of the tiller kept pushing the RPM's down.. had to keep pushing the throttle back up.

·
Registered
12 Posts
My 2305 throttle was too stiff, so I raised gauge panel and partially removed right side cowling that surrounds throttle lever shaft enough to get wrenches on tension nut (seen in exploded view in previous post). works fine now. good luck.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Mine did the same right after I bought it. The dealer repaired it under warranty but the service guy said it was not an easy fix as (if I remember correctly) the entire dash had to come out.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks for all the help here guys. We've been gone this past week camping. Got home last night and had to mow and it drives me nuts having to constantyly push the throttle back up. I'm going out now to fix it with the pics provided and the link with actually pictures. Should be easy.....

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Fixed! Easy and it's back to just like it was new. This forum is wonderful!! Thanks again for the assistance.

GO VIKES!!

·
Registered
668 Posts
Fixed! Easy and it's back to just like it was new. This forum is wonderful!! Thanks again for the assistance.

GO VIKES!!
One thing I can say is that I've learned a lot here. And got even more ideas. LOL

1 - 13 of 13 Posts