My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
921 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went over to my aunt's house this morning to help with yearly maintenance and the switch from winter mode to summer mode and snapped the pics below.

Taking off the blower:

Changing oil, filters, plugs, greasing:

Home made rear weight:

Ready to Mow:

Here is a slope she mows with it:

Finally, here is my son on his favorite toy (apple really doesn't fall far from the tree):

·
USMC
19,146 Posts
Is that a Curtis Soft side Cab? Very nice setup. slkpk

·
Registered
921 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
There were hard doors that we took off both sides. Not exaclty sure if that means it's a soft side or not.

·
9K+ Poster
12,164 Posts
Very nice! :thThumbsU Thanks for sharing the pics! :)

·
Registered
3,626 Posts
Nice pics.:thanku:

Have you used the blower that much or do you have gravel in the drive?

·
Great Site Good People
6,659 Posts
albertj03 Nice place. I like the way you did your weight box on back.
You son looks like he will be ready to take over your tractor in future.

·
Retired and Busy!
10,175 Posts
albertj03

Thanks for the great pictures and yes... your son is ready for some seat time! :fing32:

·
Registered
921 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I wish the tractor was mine but I's my aunt's (I have an X300) who lives down the road. The cab is a Curtis but it's hard all the way around (including the doors) except for the back. She snowblows 2 driveways with it during our long Maine winter so it gets to eat plenty of snow. Her driveway is paved but the other one is just dirt I think so I'm sure it gets it's share of rocks and stuff. The rear weight came off a John Deere 850 and was made by a friend who makes them for a lot of the farmers around, it's solid concrete and I was told ways around 500lbs.

My son loves that little tractor. It's pretty amazing as it will go up hill, over rocks and over mom's flowers no problem at all. Wish they made them when I was that age.

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
Hi

Thanks for the great pictures. Rocks from a gravel driveway can beat up a blower pretty fast. I don't know about Maine but here in Nova Scotia we had a bad winter for snow and ice buildup.

Brian

1 - 9 of 9 Posts