My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 20 of 169 Posts

·
USMC
19,146 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got the front fenders today for my 2305 to put on this late fall. Already upgraded to the SE seat and made my ROP's folding. SE wheels will be coming in the near future. slkpk

·
Great Site Good People
6,656 Posts
slkpk, lets see her. I can tell you the Michigan seat is worth it. My back thanks me all the time.:thThumbsU

·
USMC
19,146 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
They look like this

Attachments

·
AKA Moses Lawnagan
4,643 Posts
That ought to look pretty good. Do you have the R4's on it or something else?

·
USMC
19,146 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
I wanted to go with the HDAP's until I got a price from the dealer $299 for the front HDAP's and $556 for the rears. I will likely just switch the R4's onto the new wheels. I've also thought about AG's on it. I also want to modify the front grill guard. I just checked out Miller Tire for prices. slkpk

·
3K & Yet So Little to Say
3,341 Posts
I just came in off the mower and as I was wishing for a smoother ride, (i.e an x720se) I was wondering about the fenders. Do they do a good job of keeping mud/debris/clippings off the deck? BTW the rims and fenders will really dress up your 2305. And I would like to see it with the HDAP's...come on slkpk, its only $$$$$$$$$$$$$...:hide: and not mine...:sidelaugh

·
USMC
19,146 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I just came in off the mower and as I was wishing for a smoother ride, (i.e an x720se) I was wondering about the fenders. Do they do a good job of keeping mud/debris/clippings off the deck? BTW the rims and fenders will really dress up your 2305. And I would like to see it with the HDAP's...come on slkpk, its only $$$$$$$$$$$$$...:hide: and not mine...:sidelaugh
The fenders worked great on my X585SE. The only drawback to them I found was when getting in close to trimming around the house with a 54C deck I would get close enough that I sc***** the siding but didn't do any damage to either. If you like the diesel in your 2320 I don't think you'll be happy with the gas engine in the X720SE. In 2004 when I bought the X585SE I should've bought the X595SE and I would still have it today. I plan on keeping the 2305 Special Edition until the Good Lord takes me home:fing32: slkpk

·
3K & Yet So Little to Say
3,341 Posts
Yeah the diesel is a toss up as is 4wd. The 2320 is the first diesel for us. We only put on 50hrs/year +/-, so it will take us a while to cover the up front cost of the diesel. I just need to get a gasser out here and try it out. Thanks for the info on the fenders.:fing32: I know its off topic, but what did you think of the fuel consumption on the x585?

·
USMC
19,146 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
If I remember correctly with a 54C deck and mowing it used right at a gallon per hour or maybe just a hair more like 1.1 or 1.2. A lot of variables like temps, spring wet grass or dry late summer grass. I seem to use more in the winter cold and snow. More warm up time, using 4WD with a blade. My 425 with 20HP carbed Kaw used about 1.3 per hour and the 24 HP Yanmar diesel uses about 1.0 per hour mowing with 54C Gators and mulch kit. With the Meg-Mo blades and no mulch kit I use about 8-9/10's per hour because I can run it a lower RPM on the Yanmar. slkpk

·
USMC
19,146 Posts
Discussion Starter #17

·
Registered
973 Posts
Like those fenders and been mowing with a585 this summer with the SE seat it is nice. Remember with the 2305 MMM 540 pto is 2100 rpm not the 2900 .
I've been mowing all summer at 23-2500 and I cannot tell any difference ,If I would mowed at 2900 or 23-25 Just my thought was not impressed at 2100 but it does seems to cut tall grass. So with that being said maybe a little better fuel average.. Not sure what rpm you have been using.

·
USMC
19,146 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Remember with the 2305 MMM 540 pto is 2100 rpm not the 2900 .etcallhome where did you come up with that? slkpk

·
Registered
973 Posts
In the oper manual !!!!!!
I seen it here on this forum about 3 mo ago , Next day I got my manual out and after 5 or 10 min looking page at a time . I found a very small line stating Mid pto 2900..
This summer when my younger brother got his new 2720 , I noticed to different rpm speeds on his dash one at 2100 and one 2900. He told me that the 2100 MM pto and 2900 for the rear. Then a couple days later I read it here on line..

1 - 20 of 169 Posts