My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
W5CPT
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The PTO control on my 2305 used to sit directly under my left leg while mowing with my MMM. It stuck up high enough so my leg was resting on the top and was uncomfortable I removed the lever (two bolts at the bottom) cut about 3 inches out of it, right at the very top just below the threaded portion for the plastic knob – drilled and tapped holes in the ends of the two pieces – inserted a small threaded rod (machine screw with the head cut off) and then screwed it together. Of course it did not line up completely so I welded the rod at the junction, ground it smooth and then painted it black. I reinstalled it and it is still long enough to operate and when in the Middle PTO position all the way forward, it is well below the back of my leg. I should have done this years ago.

·
USMC
19,146 Posts
I need to do the same thing and have been going to do it for the last 7 years just haven't got around to it. Maybe this week now that you've reminded me. slkpk

·
Registered
3,526 Posts
I gotta do that too. Hooked my leg on that thing while getting off the tractor while its in the forward position. I've cursed that thing enough tines that its high time to do something about it. Thanks for the idea!

Sent from the MTF Free App

1 - 3 of 3 Posts