My Tractor Forum banner

101 - 120 of 412 Posts

·
4,221 Posts
Discussion Starter #101
Got a another hour today moving the wet 4in that fell. The snow was very wet and when I did the side walks with my snowblower she was working. Glad I had the tractor.

I did my driveway and the two guys next door taking my time not make the asphalt. One thing I did see that I am not to happy about is the small scuff marks in the dive way. I did mine first to work all the problems out and the Float seamed like it wanted dig into the driveway. If I did it by feel and took my time it was a better result. I told the guys next door the tractor might scuff a bit and they were cool about it but it was a little more then I thought. I do it for free so what can they say but I am really not happy about it. Thinking of just doing mine till I get the blower or blade (next year). I guess the wrong tool for the job if you don't want marks. Still have the box blade on but did not use it for the snow.

Does anyone put a hard plastic stripp on the blade of the FEL to not mark the driveway? I understand it would wear down fast but would resolve the problem. Any ideas on this.

·
9K+ Poster
12,161 Posts
Mayor,

This is one of the reasons a FEL isn't the most optimum method of moving snow. I think if you experiment with the rollback angle though, you will get better results. Keep in mind that this will change as the tractor goes over things like sidewalk and driveway aprons.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Mayor said:
Does anyone put a hard plastic stripp on the blade of the FEL to not mark the driveway? I understand it would wear down fast but would resolve the problem. Any ideas on this.
Congrads on the tractor :bannana:

I'm sure you can make something work on the FEL to deal with snow, but I would caution you to not travel very fast and use caution while moving snow; that is, the last thing you want to do is travel fast, catch something with the loader and twist the loader arms. More specifically, you don't want to see is your loader bucket "on the ground" and one side 2" higher than the other.

An alternative would be to sell the JD826 snowblower and get a front blade?

·
Registered
305 Posts
It's a catch 22, when ever you contact blacktop with steel you will leave scuff marks.
And if you don't bear down on it many times you won't get the surface clean.
A snow blower or a front blade is the best way to move snow.
Deere offers rubber cutter edges for there blades.
Never heard of any body putting one on a loader bucket.

·
Registered
311 Posts
A far less expensive method would be a rear blade for the 3pt hitch. You could attach a hard rubber/plastic strip to that so you won't scratch your driveway. I use a rear blade on my 500ft driveway and large parking area. You can angle the blade to move the snow away as you go forward through it or you can reverse the blade and push it out of the way. I have never attached a plastic strip to the blade. The scuff marks, which are not that bad (i have asphalt), eventually just go away. As the snow piles up just move the piles out of the way with your FEL.

Attachments

·
4,221 Posts
Discussion Starter #106
JDEERE2210 said:
Congrads on the tractor :bannana:

I'm sure you can make something work on the FEL to deal with snow, but I would caution you to not travel very fast and use caution while moving snow; that is, the last thing you want to do is travel fast, catch something with the loader and twist the loader arms. More specifically, you don't want to see is your loader bucket "on the ground" and one side 2" higher than the other.

An alternative would be to sell the JD826 snowblower and get a front blade?

That's true but my blower is worth a few bills so I can't see it working. They want some fat cash for the blade and a two stage blower will cost you a left arm.

I was going very slow and taking my time. I have used many large forklifts from time to time so I know you can get in to trouble fast. The last thing I want to do is replace a driveway thats not mine. Moving snow did help with my loader skills and I became one with the FEL.

If I recall you had a picture of you box blade and 2210 with a cool little tool box on the back. I have been looking around for something like that. If its you do you have some information (mounting, what box, etc) on it.

·
Registered
643 Posts
2nd me on that tool box ifo request....looks professional!

·
4,221 Posts
Discussion Starter #108
The snow and ice was soft enough for me to get the LX280 up to the garage. Will call the dealer to pick it up (it's his now). Also got the 2305 down to the shed and it fit, kind of. Used my extra factory lighting (WOW) on the tractor. Turned one to the back for more light. I recommend that add on.

Also used the 4 wheel drive to drive around the yard. This tractor is a tank. Everytime it looked like I was going to get stuck it just pulled me right out. I was also trying to get into trouble and could not.

The shed is 12x14 and with a full size single garage door. Did not have the time to set it up the right way but it's in with out the box blade on. Used the iMATCH to remove it. It was so easy to detach. Did have to set it next to the tractor because of a work bench that was in the way. The guy down the road is going to take the bench 8Lx2Wx4H so I should have some more room and it should all fit attached (I hope). Will get a few shots of the mess before I set it up right (before and after kind of thing).

Very tight getting the tractor in to the shed so looks like I will have to move the shed this spring. The first project this spring is now on the list.

Well used three new things today, 4 wheel drive, iMATCH, factory added light to roll bar. It's all good.

·
9K+ Poster
12,161 Posts
Mayor,

You've joined a bunch of happy 2210/2305 owners and I can see you're fast learning what we mean when we say these little tractors have a whole bunch of attitude! :bannana:

·
Registered
503 Posts
Mayor said:
I haven't heard of anyone adding a plastic strip to a FEL, but they certainly do to snow plows. I have some links at home I can give you, but a search for snow plow replacement edge might get you started.

·
Registered
1,590 Posts
Very nice set up you got there, you are sure going to have some fun. I don't think I paid 300.00 for my toothbar from Markham welding, they are very nice people to deal with.

·
4,221 Posts
Discussion Starter #112
Moved a workbench out of the shed today with the tractor. Had to use the 4 wheel drive, low speed, and differential lock to get her up to the driveway. The snow was very soft and the turf tires were not the best. I think if the FEL did not have the 300lb bench on it I would have had a easy time. With the work bench out I have a lot more room in the shed. Will have to get some more junk out but it is going well.

Put the Box Blade on and off again in 30 seconds with out getting off the tractor. Best $200.00 I ever spent (iMATCH). Want to try and take the FEL off this weekend and get a idea on how fast I can do it.

·
Registered
643 Posts
Mayor said:
Want to try and take the FEL off this weekend and get a idea on how fast I can do it.
Let me know how much fluid you lose. Make sure you equalize pressure in the lines otherwise you will have a very difficult time reattaching them (don't ask me how I know this....)

·
4,221 Posts
Discussion Starter #114
How do you know this? just kidding. Thanks for the tip. Have to get some new shots posted of the tractor in the snow this weekend.

·
Registered
643 Posts
I look forward to the pics....I have been so busy and working nights for the last month that I have not had a chance to take some pictures of the work I have done. This weekend my neighbors are bringing in 20yards of crushed concrete for me to spread on our dirt road....I'll see if I can remember to get some pics of that.

·
4,221 Posts
Discussion Starter #116
Maybe we could mount a camera to the roll bar so we always have it ready. Looked around for a tool box. Any luck on your end with a tool box. A few Kabota guy's have nice ones.

·
Registered
643 Posts
I'll mount a web cam! Ha! JD TV 24x7! :trink39:

No luck with the tool box. I have a steel tool box I could prime and paint, but I think it's too big. I don't know but I definitely need SOMETHING.

·
4,221 Posts
Discussion Starter #118

·
Registered
643 Posts
I noticed that your hydraulic lines are routed different than mine. I seem to have a bunch of slack and I now know why. Apparently the dealer didn't know how to install them....interesting.....

·
4,221 Posts
Discussion Starter #120
That sucks, my dealer is not the sharpest tool in the shed but the 2305 seams like it put together right. Little things like the box blade pin and telling me the tractor does not have glow plugs makes me question if everything is right. I understand they work on all kinds of small to large tractors and every year they make changes but please if you don't know then read the manual so its together right the first time.

You should be able to make the change on the lines? If you want some better pictures of this I will get them for you.

101 - 120 of 412 Posts