My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New 2305 owner here.I took delivery of my 2305 with 200cx FEL and GM1060s rear finish mower 2 weeks ago. I cut about 6 acre's between my home and camp locations. The 2305 is my first utility tractor and I am very impressed with it.

There is an abandoned private drive (dirt road) behind my house. A plugged culvert under the road has caused flooding runoff from a hillside stream to do damage in my back yard.Pooling water over my septic field and one time channeling water up to one foot deep under my house.With the FEL I was able to deepen the stream bed and dig the culvert end out so it could be unplugged. I built a water break across the road and redirected a runoff path back into the stream on the other side. This work saved my property from an approaching storm that caused more flooding this week.

Today I picked up a new king cutter 4 ft brush hog,sob buster potato plow, and a rear carry all.The carry all will have a dual purpose as I'm going to design a ballast weight I can lift and secure when using the FEL.I already had the rear wheels off the ground a few times.

Here is the only problem I have with the 2305. The wife stole the other set of keys.

·
Registered
313 Posts
Hi Frog Man, I guess it's Mothers' Day, so she might steal some seat time. As a 2305 owner, be carefull with the loader work, as the hydro filter and cooler fan are just itching to get into trouble. (Take a peak underneath) There are various threads on this site about it. You can buy a skid plate or fab one up yourself as I did to protect them. Welcome to a great site.
Jake

·
USMC
19,146 Posts
:Welcome1:and :congrats: on your 2305. Now that the wife has the keys you should just buy yourself your own or get her one and you keep the 2305:trink39: . I've got 300 hours on mine and no problems with the fan for the hydro as of yet. Just be aware that the hydro filter and fan locations could give you problems if your working in tall brushy areas. You would be more likely to have fan problems being you have RFM. I also keep an extra tranny filter and oil on hand as you just never know what could or might happen. Enjoy it. slkpk

·
9K+ Poster
12,160 Posts
Welcome to the forum! :Welcome1: Congrats on your new purchase. As you've found out, it is a handy little machine! :) As for the wife and keys, all I can say is that you're doomed! :( With 3rd party implements, pay careful attention to the pto shaft length.

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
Welcome to MTF and congrats. on the new tractor. As you have already found out it is pretty handy to have the FEL. Whenever you need to move something heavy it is there to help saving your back.
Proper ballast is essential to get the most out of the tractor. They are light in the back end for the amount of power they have and you will find a huge increase in traction when 600lbs of ballast is on the back. Most people use the ballast box as it is not that expensive and is very compact ,keeping the overall width of the tractor narrow at the back which helps in close quarters.

Regards
Brian

·
Registered
20 Posts
Here is the only problem I have with the 2305. The wife stole the other set of keys.
time to give her the 2305 and buy a bigger on for yourself :dancingpa

·
Retired Aug.31 2007
7,473 Posts
Welcome to the forum and congratulations on the tractor. They are handy little boogers.

·
Retired and Busy!
10,175 Posts
Frog Man

Congrats on your new John Deere 2305! Sorry about the wife/key thingy! :ROF Please be careful with the ballast issues. The JD ballast box with cement sure is a comfort on the back and as previously stated is pretty compact. You will find more and more uses for that FEL and wonder how you ever did without it. :Welcome1: We are glad to have you. There are many friendly and knowledgeable folks here at MTF, so enjoy all the different forums. Click on ”Active Topics” near the top left of the page for all the latest activity. You can also register with other members from your state by clicking here:

·
Great Site Good People
6,656 Posts
Congrats on your new monster! Ditto on what slkpk and JDFanatic and
JDBrian have said. Dont worry just be careful and your tractor will outlive
you, me slkpk and JDBrian. JDFanatic is immortal.:sidelaugh

·
I Love All Color Tractors
22,321 Posts
:Welcome1:

Congratulations on becoming a member of the JD world with such a fine machine. Sure is nice to have another fellow Mountaineer on the board too.

You have found, in my opinion, the best source of information, help, and just great conversation available anywhere on the web.

Again, welcome, its great to have you.

BTW, :wwp: :wwp:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts