My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
how many owners have swaped side to side their front tires to gain more wider stablity? any problems found? tired it and the vavle steams do clear the hubs. rears i know i will need the spacer plates but saved $$$ from swaping the front tires.:thanku:

·
AKA Moses Lawnagan
4,652 Posts
How does it affect tire clearance at full steering lock? I tried it on my old Yanmar, and steering was a bit more difficult, but then I didn't have P.S.

·
9K+ Poster
12,163 Posts
buddy,

I didn't know there was a difference on the 2210/2305 fronts. Are you sure? I went the spacer route (front and back) and have been really satisfied! :)

·
myyyy preciousssss!
402 Posts
JDFanatic,

There is a difference from memory, certainly on my 2305 - I have thought about swapping the front wheels side-to-side myself but I wasnt sure if it would cause problems or not. The wheels are offset - same as the back but not as much of course. It's an interesting idea......and would certainly make the front wider

·
Registered
198 Posts
I swapped em side to side last summer and have not had any problems. Before I did, I had a clearance issue with the front MMM deck release knob. Now, I can go full right to left turn with no clearance issues.

·
USMC
19,146 Posts
I swapped em side to side last summer and have not had any problems. Before I did, I had a clearance issue with the front MMM deck release knob. Now, I can go full right to left turn with no clearance issues.
First thing I did on my 2305 without any problems.slkpk

·
9K+ Poster
12,163 Posts
Ok guys, but how much extra width clearance did you gain? :)

·
myyyy preciousssss!
402 Posts
The main thing that worried me was the raised areas around the bolt holes - how did you get on with those when the wheel is reversed? Is it the same on the other side of the wheel?

·
USMC
19,146 Posts
It was 2 years ago when I switched it and don't remember anything about the bolt holes. I did my first mow on the hills and it felt really unstable compared to my X585SE. I just jacked up the front end pulled them and switched them. I didn't measure any distance but I can sure feel the distance on the side of my hills. I gained maybe about an inch. slkpk

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
i measured before and after the swap and gained @ 4''. the bolt hole don't seem to make a difference. clearence issue-none that i found and put @ 2 hours on the tractor after the swap.

·
9K+ Poster
12,163 Posts
Thanks for measuring. I would check the bolt torque frequently to make sure nothing loosens up. Let us know if you think there are any tracking differences or if the tires seem to gouge the grass on sharp turns. :)

·
USMC
19,146 Posts
I get no gouges in the yard unless I have the 4 WD engaged. I had read somewhere that the 2305 shouldn't have the wheels turned around but after 2 years and & 300 hours I've not noticed anything other than better stability. slkpk

1 - 12 of 12 Posts