My Tractor Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
the right front tire on my 2305 has gone bad 6-7" on the outside, sidewall has come apart inside.....the tire is warented for two years BUT the dealer is dragging there feet on what to do about replacing it,,,new one cost $135.00.....

·
9K+ Poster
12,162 Posts
I replaced my front tires on my 2210 and though I don't remember the exact price, it was like 2 for the price you mention. Double check it isn't for a pair. :)

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
the right front tire on my 2305 has gone bad 6-7" on the outside, sidewall has come apart inside.....the tire is warented for two years BUT the dealer is dragging there feet on what to do about replacing it,,,new one cost $135.00.....
well got new tire from the dealer from what I have been told local J.D dealer will have to pay for the tire does not seem fair to me .......bad news is that they put the tire on backward's will bring it back to them this week to turn around......seaya later

·
Registered
333 Posts
Thumbs up to the dealer for standing up and covering the part. Stuff happens and I'm sure they will correct the tire install issue. The side wall came apart because it was run low on air or it was run with too much weight on the front. Maybe improper ballist. Who knows... really a crap shoot as far as the dealer is concerned. At my dealership, we just blow off a lot of questionable stuff to keep the customer happy. $135 is retail MSRP plus mark up.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thumbs up to the dealer for standing up and covering the part. Stuff happens and I'm sure they will correct the tire install issue. The side wall came apart because it was run low on air or it was run with too much weight on the front. Maybe improper ballist. Who knows... really a crap shoot as far as the dealer is concerned. At my dealership, we just blow off a lot of questionable stuff to keep the customer happy. $135 is retail MSRP plus mark up.

yes the dealer fixed the backward tire BUT the service managers comment to me was a little un-nerving he said that they took there "best quess'' as to which way to mount the tire..........makes me wonder......I now have a problem with the small clips that hold on the air cleaner cap, one 1/2 of one is missing and the cap is no longer tight, dealer told me to put a zip tie on it, new cap is $80, again not the answer i was looking for from a "John Deere" dealer,,,,,,,,,,,,,,xaircraftdoc....also

·
Registered
677 Posts
Why didn't they just put the tire on the way they took the other one off?:swow:
How many hours on your tractor. Good Luck!

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I havnt had any issues with my 2305 granted I dont have that many hours on mine but I have beat the **** out of it doing things that shouldnt be done with such a small tractor
all the honey do's sure have worked the tractor a lot, it has been worth it so far, to pay someone else to repair just the road would have cost me bunch's but now i can do it myself

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Im no where near done with mine in fact Ive hardly started still have lots of dirt to move and Ive moved a bunch allready wont be done in fact till I have a nice lush lawn again
I dont know if you have problems with thorns getting into your tires or not we have lots of them here in TN some are 4-6" long there is this stuff i got at walmart called Slime that you pump into the tire and it stays there it will fix holes in a tire up to a 1/4" good stuff not real exspensive i use it in all my off road tires and it has already worked twice on the tractor......seaya

·
Registered
365 Posts
I dont know if you have problems with thorns getting into your tires or not we have lots of them here in TN some are 4-6" long there is this stuff i got at walmart called Slime that you pump into the tire and it stays there it will fix holes in a tire up to a 1/4" good stuff not real exspensive i use it in all my off road tires and it has already worked twice on the tractor......seaya
I dont have any thorns where Im working just mainly sticks

·
Registered
11 Posts
I've replaced at least all of my turf tires in the four years and 800 hours. I just assumed they were underrated for the tractor. I can't use the more aggressive tire, so when they fail I tube'm once or twice then replace'm. It's expensive, but an off brand front was ~$80 at the fleet store.

·
Premium Member
5,554 Posts
I finally gave up on the turf tires and ordered a set of Carlisle Tru Power bar lug tires for my 2305. I have just 250 hours on my tractor and I had to have so many repairs to the turfs that the turfs are not the tire for this tractor.

My opinion is the turfs are just to wimpy for the tractor and my useage, this tractor has the FEL, Backhoe and 62" mower deck. I am thinking that the weight is to much for the turfs and so I am making the $800.00 change to a better tire, That includes the ballast and me keeping the turfs for maybe future set of wheels. I know I just want to keep my options open by keeping the old ones.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Got 4 holes the other day and the slime fixed them all within seconds only lost about 2lbs of air........THANK YOU SLIME:thanku: :thanku:

·
Registered
11 Posts
The fronts are the worst. Too much power and or weight for those little tires. A bucket loaded with gravel and me wheeling through an uneven gravel pit = they just don't last.

·
Just passing through
8,414 Posts
Kubota Retail Price is
ABXR8717 FRONT 18 X 8.50 - 10 R4 IS $60.00 EACH back in 2008...don't know what they are now...but they have to be less than $135

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.