My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I just got the FEL for my 2305 late last week.
Son in law to a very good friend calls me up and
asks if I would be interested in moving some dirt.
They are in the process of replacing some sidewalk.
Of course, I said yeah. Got to check out this FEL.
Wow, that 2305 is a work horse. I had the FEL
full to max several times. The 2305 would hardly
grunt. Never once did I feel light in the back, so
I must have had enough ballast in the box. Anyway,
spent about an hour of moving dirt. It was great.

JD Greg

·
Registered
71 Posts
Same - had the bucket filled quite a bit today - have about 880lbs total in the rear between my weight and what's in the ballast box plus loaded tires. The machine was steady and solid ...

·
myyyy preciousssss!
402 Posts
I'm JD Green with envy, you managed to keep your joystick pointing the right way up then? :ROF :ROF :ROF :hide:

·
Has anyone seen ChimChim?
6,553 Posts
There was nothing my FEL wouldn't move (including my Shed with a loft) and no logs or any such nonsense under it as rollers either, just pushed the thing across the yard and I know it outweighed the tractor!

Deere makes great SCUT/CUT's! When you "downgrade" you sure do realize what you are missing! :)

·
9K+ Poster
12,160 Posts
Greg,

That's the same experience many of us have had! :)

·
Retired and Busy!
10,175 Posts
JD GReg

I can see the smile on your face! Just about everyone here will tell you that after you have owned a FEL (no matter what color it is) you never want to go back to NOT having one! :ROF

·
JD RULES
1,026 Posts
Hi Greg ,

Did you get $$$ for the job or was it a freebee ???

Later,x595

·
Registered
2,768 Posts
Greg,

You are starting to feel the power of the dark side. Be careful it will consume you and soon there will be no escape from the power.
Enjoy, there are soo many uses for a FEL. I have used mine to lift all the heavy stuff out of the truck from a 50 Gallon old time air compressor, my Frontier 60" Box Blade moved a table saw, a barbeque etc. Oh ya and I even moved some dirt with it too.

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
Hi

Congrats on the loader. I use mine all the time to move heavy or awkward items around the property. I used it recently to lift compost, peat moss and vermiculite up to my deck where I was making planting boxes for my wife. I parked the tractor with the loader bucket raised up with all the stuff in it. I then just reached over the railing into the bucket and got what I wanted. This kept me from lugging everything through the house as the deck is 6ft + high and there are no stairs. You will find all kinds of uses for it. It saves your back and time as well.

Cheers
Brian

·
Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hi Greg ,

Did you get $$$ for the job or was it a freebee ???

Later,x595
Nope, it was a freebie.
They are however, good friends, and friends will help out friends.

It was fun.

I am in the process of building a new home. I figure I can save
money by moving some of my own dirt, and then I have a FEL
when that work is done.
Anyway, it was fun for the first time out.

JD Greg

·
Registered
71 Posts
I'm retired and when I start out for the day the tractor leaves the garage with me and low and behold I will always find something I need it for throughout the day even if I don't have a project going ...

·
6,553 Posts
JD GReg

I can see the smile on your face! Just about everyone here will tell you that after you have owned a FEL (no matter what color it is) you never want to go back to NOT having one! :ROF

I'm FELless and I can't get up!

:ROF

·
6,553 Posts
If I couldn't get it up, they at least make a pill for that! :)

·
9K+ Poster
12,160 Posts
Brett,

Your time will come again. :)

·
Retired and Busy!
10,175 Posts
Brett

I feel for you man... I know not having that 3320 around is painful. Hang in there... you will get another tractor some day. It's in your blood now. :fing32:

·
Registered
11 Posts
This is my 2305 doing some heavy lifting of a fridge,lathe,mill. For the fridge I put heavy wall tubing over the ripper teeth and added a piece of plywood.
Jobs that used to require a friend or two I can now do on my own.

http://i128.photobucket.com/albums/p186/kisspkg/SSPX0061.jpg
http://i128.photobucket.com/albums/p186/kisspkg/SSPX0045.jpg
http://i128.photobucket.com/albums/p186/kisspkg/SSPX0060.jpg
http://i128.photobucket.com/albums/p186/kisspkg/SSPX0044.jpg
http://i128.photobucket.com/albums/p186/kisspkg/SSPX0041.jpg

·
Registered
229 Posts
Man, that is a cool lathe and mill. I hope you were "getting" them and not selling them! I need such items.

I am hoping my 2320 will solve similar "lifting" problems around this place for me. Not as young as I once was!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts