My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Folks,

I don't have a service manual for my tractor and it's in need of brake adjustment. I haven't looked into this much, but I was wondering if anyone could give me guidance on how to do this?

Thanks!
Jim

·
USMC
19,146 Posts
:Welcome1: so faar I haven't had to adjust my brakes on mine. slkpk

·
Registered
232 Posts
:Welcome1: I haven't had any problems with my brakes either, but maybe contact your dealer and see if they can't help you.

·
9K+ Poster
12,160 Posts
Jimmer,

Welcome to the forum! :Welcome1: Are you talking about the brakes or the emergency brake or both?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Jimmer,

Welcome to the forum! :Welcome1: Are you talking about the brakes or the emergency brake or both?

Thanks for the welcome. I'm talking about my brakes. Seems like I really have to press down on the pedal to get little braking. When I engage the parking brake it doesn't hold the machine in place.

Cheers,
Jim

·
Retired and Busy!
10,175 Posts
Jimmer

Don't know if this will help you but here are two blowups of the JD2305 braking system if you do need to adjust the linkage. Also... :Welcome1: We are glad to have you. There are many friendly and knowledgeable folks here at MTF, so enjoy all the different forums. Click on ”Active Topics” near the top left of the page for all the latest activity. You can also register with other members from your state by clicking here: "Click Image For Larger Version"

Attachments

·
9K+ Poster
12,160 Posts
ya-ya,

Thanks for posting that! :thThumbsU I think it is a linkage issue too. As for the parking brake; your set up should hold the tractor, but it's not really designed to do so on a hill. :)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks Guys! I'll have a better look at it tonight, otherwise I may take it in to the dealer. I'm really enjoying this "little" monster!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts