My Tractor Forum banner
  • Are you passionate about Tractors? Would you like to write about topics that interest you and get paid for it? Read all about it here!
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just recently picked (2 weekends ago) up my Land Pride rear blade 0560 compact tractor model and I've had some seat time with it.

My issue, is I live on a bit of a hilly area and I only have 3-4 inches of clearance between the cutting edge of the blade and the ground.

Is this normal? Or is there any way I can get my hitch arms to go up further? Or should I be using a category 0 top link with it?

Also, would a quick hitch solve this issue? I figure by setting it a little further back and up farther, it might.

Thanks,

·
USMC
19,144 Posts
The 2305 has a limited lift height and some implements are closer to the ground. With all of your rear attachments I would be getting a QH. A shorter top link might work out for you but I've never tried it. slkpk

·
9K+ Poster
12,162 Posts
Some implements have two or more holes for the top link. Does your LandPride give you a choice. If so, that may help. :)

·
Registered
2,296 Posts
you will gain a little height with the QH, but only an inch or 2. I tried a cat 0 top link once on a set of disc harrows, and it brought the back end of the discs way up, so much they wouldn't cut right when in use. But with the blade it may work just fine.

·
Registered
542 Posts
Do you have your top link turned all the way back? This is my Frontier blade w/o the I-match I now have on & it's pretty good & now with the QH it's even higher.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yeah, I guess it's no higher then yours, JoeS.

Much just be the way my property sits, specifically where the driveway / road meet is just a pretty sharp angle.

I'm going to pick up a SpeeCo quick hitch from the local Rural King here in a bit. I would get an I match, but I need the floating top link attachment that comes with the SpeeCo one for my Brush Hog. It's an older Howse... but hey, it was free lol. Same with the backblade... I wanted a frontier RB0560, but my local new holland/land pride dealer gave me this one when I strolled our hay cutter in for 2 new rolls. (We've also bought 3 brand new tractors from him and a ton of parts for the Hay cutter / rake etc.)

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
The geometry of some lift-arm mounted quick hitches effectively lengthen your arms by about 3"; this gives you about 1.75-2" extra height at the pins.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

·
USMC
19,144 Posts
That would be about perfect.

Question, anyone know about this hitch?

http://www.ruralking.com/imported-category-1-quick-hitch.html

Main question, is it actually speeco/made in the US?
Mines a WorkSaver but it has both the hook and the other adapter and I've not found anything that I can't hookup quickly and easily. I've taken off the regular hook on mine and mostly use the other adapter. I always use the hook when hitching up the 800lbs ballast box. slkpk

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
Here's the style I use, not the same manufacture but the same basic design. I still use the normal top link, although you may find you'll need a new top link about 3" longer for some attachments. These work the same as the other QHs as far as backing in and squaring up, with the advantage of accommodating a range of implement widths.

This set is available from Northern Tool...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts