My Tractor Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
9K+ Poster
12,162 Posts
Question: Is the far forward position for the 3PH control considered the "float" position for the 3PH on a JD 2305? Is it safe to utilize an implement (rear blade) in this position vs. the mid-position?

Pulling the handle towards the rear of the tractor lifts the implement. I assume the middle position locks the implement from further downward travel (but it will still allow the implement to float up if it hits something). The furthest forward position allows the implement to lower.

Thanks,

Rich
Rich,

The 3PH is all float. On your 2305 you have up, down, and in-between settings. You can lock the 3PH using the "rate of drop" control or slow or speed up the rate, but 3PH implements automatically follow ground contours. :)

·
9K+ Poster
12,162 Posts
Rich,

If you look at 3PH rakes you will see gauge wheel options. They often cost as much as the rakes, but without them, you get a washboarding effect. I think this is what you are experiencing. :)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.