My Tractor Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
Thanks, I agree gauge wheels help any leveling operation (ala road grader).

Another reason for the question is for moving trailers. If the 3PH is always in float (at least for the up direction), then if a trailer load shifts and pulls the tongue up, that could create a significant hazard for the operator.

While the mid-position will lock the 3PH from going any lower, it does not sound like you can lock the 3ph from going any higher in any configuration. Even the rate of drop knob only affects the downward drop rate.

Thanks.
Hi

True if there is no down pressure than the rate of drop control will not work on the up speed. The exception would be on tractors likethe 2520 that have down pressure, I assume the rate of drop control would work in both directions in that case but it would depend on how the control is connected.
I have a receiver on my ballast box and I never considered what would happen if there was a upwards force on the hitch. Thanks for the heads up!:fing32: although in my case there would have to be 600lbs of upwards force to lift the ballast box.

Cheers
Brian

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.