My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had the tractor split in two, there are two hydraulic lines running alongside the right side of the tractor. One of them has a valve of some sort in it where it inserts into the rear half.
Of course, the valve fell into the bucket upon disassembly!!
I really believe I have it back together correctly, but I have a noise in the hydraulic system now that I did not have before.
And I have blown a rubber return line.
Anyone have any images of the correct installation?
What is that valve correctly called?
The hydraulics and power steering work fine . . .
But I really do not like that noise . . . .
Thanks,
Jon

·
Registered
1,633 Posts
Jon K.
The valve circled in red is a check valve that suppose to keep hyd oil from draining out of frt pump back to sump. I think the blown rubber line ""wasn't"" caused by the absence of the check valve. Do the noise you referred to get any quieter after running a little while or stay constant???

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys, that's it. A little ball valve. That diagram is good too, that should show me how the parts go together.
The noise is constant, but does diminish when the hydraulics are used, or the power steering is used.
I have the valve in the line, but just not quite sure it is installed correctly.

·
Registered
1,633 Posts
On valve the spring loaded clip points toward frt of tractor. On the hyd noise check the frt pump coupler for looseness.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks guys, I really believe I have it in correctly. Whew!
I will look at the coupler closely.
Jon

1 - 6 of 6 Posts