My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,353 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was the second one to contact him at 10:55. :praying: I talked to him again at noon and he said it just left. :fing20:
Someone got a deal. :fing32: Hope they realize it and appreciate it.

case 224 garden tractor, tiller, winter project, rebilder - $300 (smithville)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Date: 2010-08-31, 10:43AM CDT
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have a Case 224 garden tractor that needs work. It has a 14 hp cast iron Kroler eng....Hyd. tiller....snow blade...chains....mower deck....bucket scoop. It is all hyd...the drive and blade lift and tiller drive and lift. All I have used is the tiller and snow blade. I bought this from a guy that just put new rings in the motor but did not do the valves. It smoked and used oil. I was going to rework it but got old and lost interest. The way it sits now is the fuel pump needs work....it needs a starter silinoid....battery. Whene I parked it there 1 1/2 years ago in ran and all the hyd. worked. If this somthing you might be interrested in call me....Scott ..816-977-XXXX

PostingID: 1929068166

Attachments

·
Registered
54 Posts
If someone else bought it up that fast I'm sure they knew exactly how good a deal it was. The blade and tiller in the ad would sure be nice to have. After looking for a tractor for a while now sometimes it gets disappointing when it seems like if you don't live and breath over the computer scouring CL and ebaey that you will inevitably miss out on the tractor that you've been looking for, probably to someone else who already has 10 of the same or plans to flip it to make a buck. Best of luck to you if you're looking for one. I'll soon need to expand my search of a snow mover outside of the Case/Ingersoll brand because I'm just not finding what I want and fall is right around the corner.

·
Banned
1,500 Posts
I don't know if I should be happy or sad about that news. For the past hour or so, I've been racking my brain trying to figure out how I could get that little beauty transported north for a reasonable price.

There are TWO major reasons why that package went so fast. First of all, it was a steal of a deal that was wildly under-priced.

The second reason is that it is an original 224 Black Knight and those are quite difficult to come across. As a collector, I'd have loved to add that one to the fleet.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts