My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
443 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just used my 22260 for the first time today. It plugged up almost instantly, and even before it plugged up, it didn't seem to blow the clippings from the chute deflector with as much force as expected. It seemed kinda like it was partially clogged before I even started (which it wasn't). Now, I'm thinking the blade could need sharpened, but I have a hard time believing that's all that is wrong. The engine didn't seem to have any lack of power, even with a plugged chute it just seemed to get stronger the taller the grass was. Any suggestions? I'm thinking of somehow removing the foot guard in the cute.

·
Registered
300 Posts
Is the deck reasonably clean?

·
Registered
1,977 Posts
i'd thought that too, the toe guard is clogging things, hmm wonder if i can do that to my 10227? prob not the toe guard is riveted on

·
Registered
2,534 Posts

·
4K Poster!!!!
5,068 Posts
I would inspect the blade also, when I lasted mowed my father's yard with his 19 inch gold series I noticed that his mower would not blow the grass out of the discharge chute either so I took a look under the deck and noticed that he had bought an aftermarket blade that didn't have the radical curvature to the trailing edge of the blade tips like the lawnboy blades that I have been used to. It just didn't provide the lift and vacuum so I am assuming that most of the clippings just piled up under the deck.

·
OMC & Ariens lover!
1,296 Posts
how wet is the grass? and do what the other freak says-take the toe guard off,i did to mine and i can discharge alot farther than what i could,and i can get in some pretty deep gras before it will clog.

·
Registered
443 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Does anyone have a picture of the proper blade so that I can use it for comparison? The blade currently on it looks pretty plain.

·
4K Poster!!!!
5,068 Posts
Here are a couple of pics of a Lawnboy Tri-cut blade that I use on my F series mower, notice how curved it is when you look at an end view. This is what gives it it's vacuum or lift.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts