My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got a leak (it's a spray) of oil coming out of the little hole on the bottom of what I believe is called the "pump mounting support". It's the round cover that's about five inches in diameter attached to the rear of the motor.

I just had the engine rebuilt and put in Shell Rotella 15w40 after running the original hydraulic oil all these years. Can that have anything to do with it?

Is it possible this has something to do with "relief valves", or is it probably something a bit worse?

If not the relief valves, does the engine need to be removed for something like this, or can it usually be repaired on the tractor?

Any idea?

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
You now have three threads on this subject. Better to keep it all together so that everyone knows the whole storey. On weekends the forum is slow and I know it is tough when you have a pressing problem and have to wait for someone to answer.

By the way, I am feeling your pain. I know what you have gone through with this tractor and you should not be having a problem from a rebuilt engine. Your mechanic should either fix the problems resulting from his shoddy work or return your money.

The whole problem is described here. http://www.mytractorforum.com/showthread.php?t=210645

Hope you get this fixed.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts