My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’m looking for Ideas ...
I have a 2005 JD 2210 compact tractor ( I feel your eyes rolling about the trans axle and cylinder for the lift arms I went on a happy excursion with my spool gun on my MiG machine I hope I got the crack fixed)
Now that I’m putting it all back together with new pieces and parts. I have found that it won’t start via the key... I’ve tested the key switch in multiple ways and can not find anything wrong with it. Tested fully, it does what it is supposed to do just no electricity when plugged in gets to the starter. There are so many stupid Diodes in the wiring harness that I gave in and bought a $38.00 golden egg that didn’t work. I have the entire wiring schematic taped together all the printed pages and followed all the starting circuit several times. Testing out continuity and still clueless about a couple wires that have not been listed in the harness diagram I’ve torn most of the tape from the harness beneath the gauge panel and the fuel tank. The swapping out diode, plan also seems to have failed I’ve checked each one as well, but it keeps on evading me as to what I’m missing. So I’ve made up a starting circuit separate from the harness and going to try that, But if anyone has good ideas, especially if you have a 2210 and have been through hunting down the green meanies, and found a culprit let me know...
they are real proud of the parts wiring harness is north of 2000... so I’m not going that way, I’ve also replaced the charging regulator ( note the generator puts out A/C and converts it to DC in the regulator as far as I can tell, all sealed up in a box with an aluminum heat sink. $80.00+ With tax.
light switch replaced due to it having a dissimilar metal screw in an aluminum shaft that made it impossible to remove (@&$%#^*<\%# engineered stupidity) could have been a set screw but Noooooo let’s drill and thread a 2.5mm hole through a 6+/- mm aluminum shaft put a steel screw through the entire knob and leave it on the dash open to the elements from splashing rain to dust and dirt from mowing the lawn... sorry I’m getting a little tired of the dumb things engineers have done and looking at even newer machines and how much they want is disgusting and how they are made up of more plastic... the grill piece that holds the headlights is over$700.00. Injection molded plastic that has a metal grill screen and not enough support in the right places. If I could afford a new one I think I would build my own out of good parts... I use it a lot up till last year August when the hydraulic oil leaking, rusting, and dire need to fix it made me tear it all down. As it is every couple of years I’ve taken the deck apart and rebuilt it painted it, repaired everything even strengthened it and improved the 54c convertible deck... any way help is what I’m doing here in the first place! I still love the machine but am loosing patience with it...

·
Registered
3,075 Posts
key inerlock is dependent on brake (being set), and seat switch (weight on), gear selector (must be in neutral), and PTO switch being off I believe. I take it you rung out all the interlock circuits?...

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Seat interlock is non existent due to new aftermarket seat 8+ years ago and yes I checked it, neutral safety check, PTO check,
But the neutral switch wires I didn’t check, gremlins are nasty buggars, so I’ll re examine the wires and the switch. It’s on the side of the transaxle with a hole through the side of the frame to access it... tires and wheels are still off so that makes it easier to get at... the genders and floor are back on so I’ll be tracking wires the hard way... again!!! Thanks for the idea I’ll let you know!!!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You would want me to be an example of what not to do...
about 3 years ago I was doing battery maintenance on the tractor and I had identified a spot where the cable was wearing through between the Radiator support frame and main frame “of the Ground Cable” seemed like a no big deal and I re routed it to avoid more fraying to occur... in my do diligence I put heat shrink tubing on it ... fast forward to this year and it was rotted out where the original scrape was... but kinda felt fine... green meanies do it again... so I’m happy to say that I’m up and running cutting down my hay from 2 years ago and if I waited I’d be looking for a brush hog...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts