My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anybody fill me in? I have a case 220 Hy-Drive which I'm building an articulating tractor from. Of course I need another one to complete the project. My question is, what other models would the transaxles be the same. I have found one for the right price and the guy told me it's in perfect running cond, However he says it has the big wheels. I didn't know the 220 came with that option. As long as the gearing is the same I don't care about the wheel size. Can anyone help me with this?

·
Ingersoll Dealer
2,552 Posts
The basic axle from the 220 is used in the 222, 224, and 226 models. The 442, 444, 446, and 448 are nearly identical. The 400's have the 'big wheels'.

The 400 series axles, while almost identical physically, have a different motor displacement. As such, the 'gearing' is not the same. Also, the axles from the 400 will be 6 bolt hubs, as opposed to the 5 bolts on the 200 series.

Brian

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the responce, I guess I'll have to keep looking for the right one, although I'm still going to get this one anyway. The price is super!!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have read in other discussions here that guys change out drive motors from 400 series tractors to use them in 200 series tractors. does this mean that the gearing is the same, just different drive motors? From what they say, the reason for this is more torque. This tells me that they might have the same gearing, just a hyd. motor that puts out more torque for the bigger tractors.

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
Yes, gears are all the same (with a few late model Ingersoll exceptions). The hyd motors are different, the 200 is smaller displacement, so more speed, less torque at a given flow.

I have some spares, but they are in Oklahoma, and heavy!

·
Registered
1,207 Posts
:MTF_wel2: WELCOME HobbyChoppers.

Your build sounds VERY Interesting, we'd like pictures if you have some to show!

:wwp::wwp::wwp:

Jay

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I don't have any pics to post just yet, But I'll be sure to post as I build. I like to look at other members projects also, so i'll be sure to do that.:fing32:

·
Registered
217 Posts
That is a good driveline base to use. I am in the middle of a 2 year build of an articulated tractor myself, only I started off with cub cadet hydrostatic transmissions. Wish I would have known about the case ones but I hadn't even heard of Case GT's at that point and the cub cadet hydro's were free. 2 years into it and I'm too far along to switch them out.

·
Registered
1,353 Posts
dw you'll have to finish the Cub and sell it then you can do it right with the Case transaxles. You can use the first experience and make improvements. Is there a build thread on the Cub?

Welcome to the forum chopper. There are a few other Case articulated machines for you to get ideas from.
They've each got a few different videos so watch them all. There's threads on the different forums about the builds too.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-22bvpZtGUI&feature=channel_video_title
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=55wIVubrQ78
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=30BKuxw-jiE

When you do start a thread on your build add a link to this thread and then as you progress go back to that original thread and add to it even if it's been awhile since there was posts in it. That will keep all the build in one spot for people to be able to find it. There's nothing worse than trying to follow a build that's in seventeen different threads.

·
Registered
217 Posts
dw you'll have to finish the Cub and sell it then you can do it right with the Case transaxles. You can use the first experience and make improvements. Is there a build thread on the Cub?

No build threads on MTF. I had a build thread on a cub cadet forum that is no longer around. On that forum the"cubbers" got a bent nose because I wasn't using cub cadet parts exclusivly so I quite updating the thread there. It has parts from cub cadet, john deere, massey ferguson, dodge, ford, subaru, and toro. Little bit of everything-but I don't want to hijack this thread.

·
That Guy
1,162 Posts
There are a few members here who have made articulating machines, my favorite was built by member ArticIngerCase. He built a Kubota diesel powered articulating front end loader!

I am sure he could answe a lot of your questions.

Click on this image to check out his beast!

[EDIT]: Whoops! His name on MTF is shenninger, his name on CCI is ArticIngerCase.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts