My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, so while I'm cutting grass, the right side of the deck keeps slipping off the ... what's it called? It's not the pin that you pull out to remove the deck. It's connected to the the handle that adjusts deck height. I'm sorry I don't know what it's called... but there's one on each side of the deck. Anyway, the right side keeps dropping off while cutting, and I have to lift the deck up and push it back into the deck (it's got like a shoulder pin), but its happening pretty frequently.

Is there something I can tighten or replace to correct this?

I pray someone understands what I'm talking about... forgive my novice vocabulary.

·
chicks mow my yard...
134 Posts
there is supposed to be a spring between that roll pin and the deck bracket. the spring keeps the deck attachment pin pushed into the lift arm. also, make sure the back side of the deck bracket is not bent. it has two sides, the one side with the hole that the quick pull/spring assembly is attached to, and the other side that traps the left arm and keeps it from "sliding off".... one of those two is your problem my friend...

·
Registered
234 Posts
Sounds like you don't have the deck bracket between the 2 hunks of steel that bry593 is describing.
If you have a spring in the pin, the arm should fit between 2 brackets. It sounds like you are either missing the inner bracket, or the arm is placed to the inside of the inside bracket.

·
chicks mow my yard...
134 Posts
oh, that's an easy one... if you look, there is a hole in the end of that stud you circled. there is supposed to be a hair pin securing that (about .125 or eigth inch, search to see what it looks like). it simply pushes on, keeping the stud from sliding out. simple fix. go get one from your local ace hardware....

better yet, go to the other side of your mower, pull the pin out, then take that with you to ace hardware and match it up. my service call only requires that you report back with your success.... :trink39:

if the stud has actually worn or broken off, just go get one from cub cadet (and a clip too). you got a really good mower. just needs a little maintenance....

1 - 5 of 5 Posts