My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys, I bought a 2160 with a snow thrower and I need some recommendations on setup, operation,tires or chains, weights etc. I am pretty sure I will need wheel weights, being that I am a machinist has anyone made these, if so specs would be greatly appreciated. Do I need to get different tires, or would simply using the chains suffice?

Thanks.

·
Super Moderator
32,709 Posts
Can't help with the setup of the snowblower, but as far as the weights Cub makes wheel weights for them and after blowing snow with and without wheel weights I would recommend chains and weights and also you can load your rear tires with fluid (windshield washer fluid, Non-caustic plumbers winterizing fluid, and there's a product called Rimguard) the more traction you have the better!

·
Super Moderator
16,510 Posts
You could use either wheel weights and Chains or Buy the rear weight bracket for it and use suitcase weights and Chains or use both suitcase and wheel weights. If you need a operators manual just look here http://manuals.mtdproducts.com/mtd/Public.do?BrandCode=10051&langId=-1 All you need is model number and Ser# for either the tractor or Blower. On my JD X485 I just use 6 suitcase weights and AG Tires for plowing snow with a 54inch Blade on My Old IH Cub Cadet 106 I use chains and Frame weights to use the snow Blower with it. and it does a fine job I have a slightly newer version of your 2160 which is a 2206 and it Hydrostatic But it's only used for mowing and Tilling and thats got AG tires on it.:thThumbsU

·
Registered
66 Posts
Wheel weights with chains work well on turf tires like you have now. Bear in mind that wheel spin with the chains will scar asphalt. I'm probably going to try rubber tire chains this year to avoid the asphalt scarring when I can, but there are times when I must use steel chains (when there's ice under the snow). Next house, the driveway will be tar and chip so I don't have to be so concerned about chain scars.

Nice find by the way, the tractor and snowthrower both look like they're in great shape!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts