My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
ROTORHEAD!
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok its been about 3 weeks scence i pulled the head and valves on our 212 deere well i now have a speed controler thats just got no resetance or anything. Ive got to adjust the clutch, brake but howi cant find my manuel. any body got this info?

·
Registered
297 Posts
ya im in the same boat with my 112 i think i have it narrowed down to the bushings are seiced on it cause when i pull the clutch out with my foot it goes faster

·
ROTORHEAD!
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
oh mine was doint killer after i did the valves and head gasket. and a little carb tweekin. but after about 4-5 hours running/mowing it just flat disapeared. i think i just need to get it all reset and it will be ok.... BUT no 212 man. and cant find a pdf online so tought id ask and if somebody had it ding ding ding we have a winner... ill be ordering a man 1 day. I have 2 diffrent parts man. for the old 110.... sr. if you need a parts pic scaned let me know

·
Super Moderator
35,728 Posts
Ok since you own both a 110 and 212 this won't be foriegn to you. Have you removed both belts from the sliding sheeve underneath and checked it to make sure it's freely moving side to side? Next question, did you possibly put the front belt on the wrong sheeve coming out of the motor? (more likely on a RF 110). Let me know if those are good, I have to dig to reference the rest of the settings since I no longer have my 212 manual.

·
Super Moderator
35,728 Posts
Also, just a though since you did some maintenance. Check the belts to see that no oil leaked on them or the sheeves. That just about always spells some slipping and reduced speeds and pulling.

·
ROTORHEAD!
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ok since you own both a 110 and 212 this won't be foriegn to you. Have you removed both belts from the sliding sheeve underneath and checked it to make sure it's freely moving side to side? Next question, did you possibly put the front belt on the wrong sheeve coming out of the motor? (more likely on a RF 110). Let me know if those are good, I have to dig to reference the rest of the settings since I no longer have my 212 manual.
after i did all the work to the 212 it ran like it should for a few hours then it lost the ten. on the right side ajuster arm(var. speed) so i know the belts and stuff are in the right spots its just outa whack and needs reset and stuff.. or i hope so.

·
ROTORHEAD!
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Also, just a though since you did some maintenance. Check the belts to see that no oil leaked on them or the sheeves. That just about always spells some slipping and reduced speeds and pulling.
naa no oiled down belts... i tore into the motor and got it running like a champ and said ok might as well get it looking good to so repaired the cracked hood, sanded and repainted other than the rims... hit the frame and motor with some major cleaning and then a fresh blk. sanded and painted the greens green and hit the deck with a bit of yellow. ill post some pics

1 - 8 of 8 Posts