My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just picked up this 83 212 it is tired but overall decent shape I plan on making it a worker. I'm more concerned about it working right than overall looks. I would like to get a tiller for it i have a large garden and could put it to use . Not a bad buy at 250

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
33,821 Posts
I had a 212 for about 9 years a really good GT and amazing pulling power! Only real problem I ever had with it is the secondary drive belt jumping off the pulleys! That looks to be in reasonable shape and should clean up nice.

·
USMC
19,146 Posts
You got a good deal on it. Good luck with the project. slkpk

·
Premium Member
9,805 Posts
You will love your 200 series. Great tractors that will do just about anything you ask!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hey thanks for the comments I am looking forward to tearing into it. I'm sure to have some questions as I go . I do need to find a owners manual/ parts manual where is the best place to find one on the web.

·
Tractor nut, general nut
461 Posts
I would check ebay first for used ones. I just got an operators manual and a service manual for my 112 for $37 combined including shipping from a guy that was selling them as he no longer has the tractor. :fing32:

BTW, nice find and a great deal you got there.:trink39:

·
Registered
522 Posts
They are great tractors. I had a 210, sold it, missed it so much I bought a 212. The tiller is WONDERFUL but can be difficult to find.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hey thanks for the comments I am looking forward to tearing into it. I'm sure to have some questions as I go . I do need to find a owners manual/ parts manual where is the best place to find one on the web.

If you give me a few days I am currently working on scanning mine into my computer. after it is all downloaded I can send it to you in digital format.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
JD77210 . That would be great . Go ahead and send it on my way whenever it works out . I plan on working on the 212 through the winter so anything you can send my way is great . I will be happy to return the favor in any way I can thanks Doorman

·
My Orange Jane Deere
3,358 Posts
Good luck and get her done.:thThumbsU

1 - 11 of 11 Posts