My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
641 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Putting non orig engine in Case 210. Wanna change it to start/gen and adapt a small pan. Need fan shrould for 10hp Kohler with-out the starter bump-out, a straight up dipstick that will bolt to same holes as the angled one on it has. This should be a tall dipstick tower, need strick, tube and mount base. I want to put that type of pan that mounts on rubber mounts and has upward mount bolts on an engine with standard large pan and feet to mount. There are holes in block that I can thread that line up with pan bolts. Problem is the Crankcase on the narrow ends has bump-outs that the smaller pan doesn't cover. If I had a pan gasket for each type, and made a thin adapter plate to go between them, I think it would work. Anyone ever done that or some other idea?

Also needing manual PTO clutch for the 210, complete with shaft for on engine. I do have the control link, that's it.

·
Dirtdog
85 Posts
I happen to have a 210 that i am parting out. I cant part out the engine portion but i can help you with parts if you need them. It has a good 10 hp engine in it with starter/generator. I could make you a deal on the whole tractor if you wish. I am located in Warren Ohio

·
Registered
641 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
OK, Dirt, what's price on whole rig. Last thing I really need is another rig setting around, running out of room! But, getting expensive piece by piece. Are you willing to sell the pto clutch and the drive pulley off other end of that engine? Two biggest items I don't have yet. Would need the complete clutch with shaft. You have Tan hood? Mine's pretty rusty, what's yours look like? Send me a picture to [email protected] and a price. Where's this City located in Ohio? West of state I hope.

·
Registered
54 Posts
No, warren OH is towards the eastern side of Ohio. For the PTO clutch I would check ebay, and look specifically for Joes Outdoor Power, I think I can mention that because I believe he is a sponsor for this site. I see him listing the PTO clutch setups all the time, almost once a week.

·
Registered
119 Posts
I have actually done just that. I was working on a project to put a large pan Magnum block into a small pan deere application. I made a plate just like you are talking about and installed the engine in the tractor. Everything worked like it was supposed to except the magnum had a knock. Since I had an engine to rebuild I just rebuilt the original.

I looked out in the garage for the adapter plate and it looks like I tossed it. I didn't figure I would ever have a use for it again. Oops.

·
Registered
3,087 Posts
I have one just like that where the OP had put a Wheel Horse engine in a Case - it leaked more oil than that oil well in the gulf, so he gave up. What he hadn't realized was the pan was defective and was not machined flat.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts