My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
So little time.....
564 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
K241 on my 210 is now hunting after I rebuilt the carb. Only hunts when not under load; when under load, it runs fine. It won't idle either. Are both of these problems symptomatic of something plugged up in the idle circuit? I've heard of hunting under load a sign of fuel starvation, but why would it be hunting only when NOT under load?

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
When you rebuilt it, did you soak it when it was apart and blow out all the passages? I suspect something is blocking it if it won't idle. Also, be sure the governor is adjusted properly.

·
So little time.....
564 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
When you rebuilt it, did you soak it when it was apart and blow out all the passages? I suspect something is blocking it if it won't idle. Also, be sure the governor is adjusted properly.
Yup. Actually used an ultrasonic cleaner and buzzed it real good, rinsed it, blew it out, and then sprayed the jets out with carb cleaner for good measure.

·
Green Team !!!
468 Posts
Could it be you have the idle is set to low ?

I have found this to be a problem in the past. When there isn't enough RPM at low idle, it messes with the governor circuit and starts hunting.

·
So little time.....
564 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Could it be you have the idle is set to low ?

I have found this to be a problem in the past. When there isn't enough RPM at low idle, it messes with the governor circuit and starts hunting.
Hmmm. Good thought. I'll have to check that. Thanks.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts