My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
the local ford fan
631 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys i guess i will be useing a 21'' 4.5hp push type single stage snow blower this winter ford pictures 204.jpg , the question is how many feet will this blower throw snow ? i know it will change with how wet and how deep the snow is but i thought i would ask for a base line of what i can expct , thanks for any thoughs and comments

·
Registered
870 Posts
A lot will depend on the snow.

I had one similar to that many years ago (when I was in high school and Ronald Regan was president.) My memory seems to recall it threw the snow 6-12 ft.

It really depended on how much snow was there and how wet or dry the snow was.

As I recall, it was a whole lot better at throwing snow, than the shovel it replaced.

·
the local ford fan
631 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah that is what this is going to replace i am tired of useing a shovel all winter , i would like to get a self propelled 2 stage unit for next winter but i don't have the money right now to get one , thanks for the information

·
4K Poster!!!
4,503 Posts
Try different feed rates. A lot of single stagers work better when you keep the auger busy, as opposed to nibbling slowly at the snow. Experience will show you what it likes, don't be afraid to work it.
Darn right it beats a shovel!

·
the local ford fan
631 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Try different feed rates. A lot of single stagers work better when you keep the auger busy, as opposed to nibbling slowly at the snow. Experience will show you what it likes, don't be afraid to work it.
Darn right it beats a shovel!
ok i will try that when the snow comes , so far i have not goten any snow that sayed long enought to try the blower out , i think it might do ok in fluffy snow but when theres a crust i don't know how well it will work , but even if i only use it for fluffy snow its better then a shovel all the time :thThumbsU

·
4K Poster!!!
4,503 Posts
If the snow is deep or crusty, you can break it down with a shovel. It's work, yes, but less work than lifting it shovel by shovel. I used to knock the width of the drive down, then move it with the machine, then do the next bit. Still was lots better than all shovel work. And, when you finally do get your self-propelled 2 stage, you'll think you're in heaven!!!

·
Registered
349 Posts
I used one of those for a couple years and sure did beat the shovel. I never had any problems unless it was really wet and the chute would plug up a lot. Also, if the snow was too deep for it, I used to push down on the handlebars and force the blower to ride up and skim the top half of the snow then backup and make a second pass.

·
the local ford fan
631 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I used one of those for a couple years and sure did beat the shovel. I never had any problems unless it was really wet and the chute would plug up a lot. Also, if the snow was too deep for it, I used to push down on the handlebars and force the blower to ride up and skim the top half of the snow then backup and make a second pass.
ok i will try that aswell , thanks for the tips

If the snow is deep or crusty, you can break it down with a shovel. It's work, yes, but less work than lifting it shovel by shovel. I used to knock the width of the drive down, then move it with the machine, then do the next bit. Still was lots better than all shovel work. And, when you finally do get your self-propelled 2 stage, you'll think you're in heaven!!!
i will try that when the snow comes , thanks for the tips

1 - 8 of 8 Posts