My Tractor Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I got a chance to do some playing around with the tractor today.

The tractor has a TON of power and the hydraulic response is very impressive. I have the 66" loader and moved 8-10 buckets full of fill sand and the lifts were effortless for the tractor. I'll say this, though, I definitely need to ballast the rear end because it quickly lifted off the ground with a heaping bucket. I'll be filling with windshield washer fluid soon.

I also fit my 6ft medium duty rotary cutter (90hp gearbox) up to it and tooled around with it in the field. It cut some fairly thick field grass and 1 1/2" saplings with ease with the HST in low and the pedal to the floor - didn't even phase the engine RPMs, so thats a solid win. May have to slow down in a few spots come late spring when the grass is green and heavier, but it's going to work just fine.

I really can't say what I think about the R14 hybrids yet. I'll post more on their traction once I get about 500lbs on the back of the tractor.

So far, I'm very pleased. Wish it would have come standard with cruise control but it's only a $128 option and my dealer said he'd be fine with me installing it myself. Anyone ever done it?

Derek

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
In case anyone reading is on the fence about the R14s, they're quite impressive. So far they've held their own in the mud far better than standard R4s while not ripping up the yard like standard R1s, and we had a 9" snow a couple weeks ago and they did well in that, too.

I added 30 gallons of fluid to each of the back tires (~480lbs total) and still require 4x4 to keep enough traction to run in a full bucket of sand or dirt. Needless to say, the rear end is still light for my taste, with a 5.5' bucket, but it will make due. I'm also not a fan of the rear diff lock placement on the tractor. You really have to put in some effort to place your heel on and push it down with your left foot that distracts from other operator functions when you really just need that dang tire digging.

Looking forward to spring to do a bit more mowing with it and I'll add another update, but the only real gripe I have so far is with the Kioti warranty department.

I'm not sure if any of you other guys' dealers gave you the same lecture or not, but my dealership put a LOT of emphasis on the initial 50-hour service (i.e. send pictures of receipts, tractor serial numbers, picture of hour meter, "Don't skip anything or they'll void your warranty, etc., etc." I think that how quickly Kioti is seemingly trying to weasel out of covering a very expensive piece of equipment is less than impressive.

Obviously I will be doing the maintenance so that I don't run into issues, but thought I'd share.

~Derek

·
Kioti SCUT
843 Posts
I think that how quickly Kioti is seemingly trying to weasel out of covering a very expensive piece of equipment is less than impressive.
~Derek
In my experience, some Kioti dealers are OK, and some are excellent. A new Kioti dealer opened a few years ago, just a few miles from my house, and they're very good people.

But Kioti HQ in Wendell NC has been severely lacking. They don't return phone calls, don't answer emails, and it seems like they just don't care. Even when I asked technical questions about products or service - there was no answer. Fortunately, they do make good tractors. Cal

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
In my experience, some Kioti dealers are OK, and some are excellent. A new Kioti dealer opened a few years ago, just a few miles from my house, and they're very good people.

But Kioti HQ in Wendell NC has been severely lacking. They don't return phone calls, don't answer emails, and it seems like they just don't care. Even when I asked technical questions about products or service - there was no answer. Fortunately, they do make good tractors. Cal
I was very off-put by being told by three individuals at the same dealership "If you don't take pictures of your serial numbers and log everything...keep your receipts...show pictures of you performing maintenance...ensure that all oil weights and fluids are approved by Kioti, etc. Kioti will void your warranty." As a matter of fact, I find comments like those to be completely unacceptable.

I am very happy that the tractor seems to be well built. But I'm not getting the warm and fuzzy that Kioti actually WANTS to stand behind their product...

Can anyone who has had to make warranty claims chime in???

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'll go out on a limb and say that since nobody has had anything negative to say about Kioti warranty service in nearly two months that means they rock! 🤘🏻🤘🏻🤘🏻

·
Kioti SCUT
843 Posts
I'll go out on a limb and say that since nobody has had anything negative to say about Kioti warranty service in nearly two months that means they rock! 🤘🏻🤘🏻🤘🏻
It all depends on your dealer, because all your experience will be with the dealer, not Kioti. Kioti will only refer you to your dealer.

The very day that my new tractor was delivered, it blew a hydraulic line on the loader bucket. It blew out as I was moving it out of my driveway - I hadn't even used it yet! My dealer had to order a new hose, and then came out to my house to replace it, no charge.

A few days later, the first time I actually used the tractor, the left front wheel fell off and rolled away. It left me sitting on the "3 Legged Dog." I checked the remaining wheels, and the left rear was about to fall off. It was a dealer prep issue, and the dealer came back out and fixed it, no charge.

About a year later I noticed that a hydraulic line under the tractor was rubbing against a metal bracket, and had worn a groove into the outer jacket of the line. I mentioned it when I brought the tractor in for the initial 50 hour service, and the dealer fixed it, no charge.

So while you may have issues with your tractor, the outcome depends on your dealer, not Kioti. It's probably like that with all tractor brands.

Cal

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It all depends on your dealer, because all your experience will be with the dealer, not Kioti. Kioti will only refer you to your dealer.

The very day that my new tractor was delivered, it blew a hydraulic line on the loader bucket. It blew out as I was moving it out of my driveway - I hadn't even used it yet! My dealer had to order a new hose, and then came out to my house to replace it, no charge.

A few days later, the first time I actually used the tractor, the left front wheel fell off and rolled away. It left me sitting on the "3 Legged Dog." I checked the remaining wheels, and the left rear was about to fall off. It was a dealer prep issue, and the dealer came back out and fixed it, no charge.

About a year later I noticed that a hydraulic line under the tractor was rubbing against a metal bracket, and had worn a groove into the outer jacket of the line. I mentioned it when I brought the tractor in for the initial 50 hour service, and the dealer fixed it, no charge.

So while you may have issues with your tractor, the outcome depends on your dealer, not Kioti. It's probably like that with all tractor brands.

Cal
Man, that's one heck of a way to come up with a screen name! Makes me wanna run out with the impact wrench in the morning! 👀🤯🤣

So far, I'm loving my tractor. I have to put another plug in for those R14 tires. I was in manure and mud at least a foot deep this past weekend cleaning a horse paddock and I plowed through it no problem. I definitely would have been stuck with R4s; been there, done that.

I'll be doing my own 50hr maintenance this summer. That is definitely a satisfaction my dealer afforded me; I love wrenching on stuff.

Take it easy.

~Derek

1 - 7 of 7 Posts