My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good morning. At my caretaker job I run this JD tractor, and recently the blower switch won't work on the lower speeds. It will run on the highest speed. Anyone else had this problem ? JD repair rates are pretty breath taking, I'd sure like to be able to swap a switch if it's a plug in thing. I'm a bit mechanically able, I was a shrimper for 40 years, had a 65' twin Cummins rig for the last 25 years.

Thanks for any help.

·
Super Moderator
27,472 Posts
Switch shows as be $38.60 on the parts site, it doesn't give any specifics though. If you can access it maybe you can see manufacturer or spefications. I would think Granger or McMaster Carr would carry it.

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
If fan works on hi speed only, most likely the problem is the resistor block. #10 in diagram. Part number is SJ31007, about $25 from your dealer. Might want to check that part number with your dealer, after you give him your serial number. There are many serial number breaks for the 5055e. Resistor is easy access from rear roof panel.
5055e.PNG

·
Registered
1,380 Posts
A voltmeter check at the resistor will tell you if the problem is the switch or resistor. 12VDC at the resistor means switch is good. Check connection to the other end/side of the resistor too. There may be a connection bad rather than the resistor. Resistors seldom fail unless they are severely over heated.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts