My Tractor Forum banner

21 - 37 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Well I seen the tractors ... badly sun damaged on the paint.. levers faded .. seats and arm rests badly damaged by sun... wheels rusting ... couldn’t make a deal with them for the condition they were in .. so I just walked away

·
Premium Member
3,955 Posts
Sorry man. I was hoping you were gonna come out on top with a great deal. These truly are great GTs.

I smile every time I use mine.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
They turned out to be gx models not gsx... so they worth around 7000 new... the 2015 they would only take 2000 off for a 5yr old tractor that wasn’t in great shape cosmetically.. 2017 they would take 700 off retail

·
Premium Member
3,955 Posts
They turned out to be gx models not gsx... so they worth around 7000 new... the 2015 they would only take 2000 off for a 5yr old tractor that wasn’t in great shape cosmetically.. 2017 they would take 700 off retail
The GS models don't have diff lock, power steering or deck lift. I wouldn't spend that much money for a big GT w/o PS. Mine is a middle of the line GSE with PS and power deck lift, 22.5hp Kohler and NO diff lock. If you are gonna do a bucket or loader you will want diff lock

·
Registered
1,362 Posts
Congrats you'll love the X570 and that Kawasaki engine is real nice. What made you decide on the x570 over the Cub XT3GSX?

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
I found 15 and a 17 gs xt3 models here at dealers ... both leftover models .. both badly sun damaged from sitting outside for years ... the dealer with the 2017 would only reduce from retail 600 dollars for a 3yr old tractor ... the dealer with 2015 reduced 2000 from retail but it was 5 yr old tractor with lots of sun damage on the paint and seat ... I tried to make a deal with them but they would not budge on price ... neither dealer would order me a 2020 unless I paid shipping charges ... so I decided to go to jd dealer... they were willing to deal and put a 42 deck on for me and the rest is history... lol

·
Registered
1,362 Posts
Good for you I would have laughed at those Cub guys also and did the same as you. When I got my XT3GSX I had to drive 2.5 hrs away to a dealer and mine was in a crate inside there building. They had it sitting on the showroom floor ready for me when I arrived. They had 2 more in crates also.
Some dealers are just crazy though like the ones you came across.
Congrats again it's a beauty.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
Yes they are crazy ... the xt3 will be hard sell unless u understand the capacity of the tractor ... and they could have sold if they would be negotiable...quessing the tractors will still be there this time next year

·
Registered
1,362 Posts
I'm sure they will be still sitting there rotting in the Sun.
I'm glad my new XT3GSX was straight out of the crate. There was 1 small scratch on my brushguard and my dealer offered to replace it but I said no biggy it was barely noticeably.

21 - 37 of 37 Posts