My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,901 Posts
I found a leftover 2015 xt3... just wondering what changes have been made on the 2019 model compared to the 2015
Welcome aboard! Which model of XT3 did you find and is there a big discount on it? GS, GSE, or GSX. The GSE (what I have) was discontinued but I do not expect there are any differences in the 2015 and 2019 GS and GSX models.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Welcome aboard! Which model of XT3 did you find and is there a big discount on it? GS, GSE, or GSX. The GSE (what I have) was discontinued but I do not expect there are any differences in the 2015 and 2019 GS and GSX models.
Only gsx sold in Canada... it’s half the price of a 2019

·
Premium Member
2,901 Posts
Only gsx sold in Canada... it’s half the price of a 2019
Wooo-hoo! :D I'd be all over that one if it kept the factory warranty. My GSE is a 2016 model. It is built like a tank and up to any task asked of it.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Wooo-hoo! :D I'd be all over that one if it kept the factory warranty. My GSE is a 2016 model. It is built like a tank and up to any task asked of it.
Yes it has factory warranty... only thing I was hesitant about was it sitting aside for the last few summers

·
Premium Member
2,901 Posts
Yes it has factory warranty... only thing I was hesitant about was it sitting aside for the last few summers
That's why that warranty is important. Look it over with a fine toothed comb, run it around and check to see if it all works right, look at the rear transaxle fluid to make sure it isn't milky, engine oil etc, then be satisfied that it will be covered under warranty if anything does go wrong with it.

·
Super Moderator
15,414 Posts
Only Major change was they went from Incandescent headlights to LED in 2017 so a 2015 should not have LED headlights It Happens that some dealers Have Machines not sold. Some dealer had a 1991 or 1992 a New In the shipping crate JD 318 back in 2016 for sale (y)

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Only Major change was they went from Incandescent headlights to LED in 2017 so a 2015 should not have LED headlights It Happens that some dealers Have Machines not sold. Some dealer had a 1991 or 1992 a New In the shipping crate JD 318 back in 2016 for sale (y)
Thanks ... good to know no serious changes

·
Premium Member
2,901 Posts
Thanks ... good to know no serious changes
If it helps the LED lights are total trash. Dim and don't light up anything. Some of us bought the old style incandescent plug like that 2015 model has and changed to retrofit LED bulbs instead of the sealed junk LED bulbs we have.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I found a 2018 for 3200 off at another dealer ... vs 5000 off for the 2015 ... retail in Canada is 8500 plus the cost of deck

·
Super Moderator
15,414 Posts
If it helps the LED lights are total trash. Dim and don't light up anything. Some of us bought the old style incandescent plug like that 2015 model has and changed to retrofit LED bulbs instead of the sealed junk LED bulbs we have.
yeah I actually found some better LED's then the Ones Mudyapster is using as I went through two sets of those( I Think Mudyapster Just got Lucky On his set Because the Bulbs are Just to delicate and seem to break at the drop of a Hat) The LED I have look just Like a Incandescent Bulb since the older Bulbs sockets are actually the same between the Deere GX300 & the Cub Cadet XT3 series so I use these In My XT3 GSX (y)

·
Premium Member
2,901 Posts
I found a 2018 for 3200 off at another dealer ... vs 5000 off for the 2015 ... retail in Canada is 8500 plus the cost of deck
Nice. Decisions, decisions. Not sure which way I'd go but that 2015 pretty much has a free deck compared to the 2018.
yeah I actually found some better LED's then the Ones Mudyapster is using as I went through two sets of those( I Think Mudyapster Just got Lucky On his set Because the Bulbs are Just to delicate and seem to break at the drop of a Hat) The LED I have look just Like a Incandescent Bulb since the older Bulbs sockets are actually the same between the Deere GX300 & the Cub Cadet XT3 series so I use these In My XT3 GSX (y)
I was waiting on a long term review from Don before buying the ones he got as the reviews were poor. Good to see there's another option. Thanks.

·
Super Moderator
15,414 Posts
Nice. Decisions, decisions. Not sure which way I'd go but that 2015 pretty much has a free deck compared to the 2018.

I was waiting on a long term review from Don before buying the ones he got as the reviews were poor. Good to see there's another option. Thanks.
What I need to find Now is LED Lamps for the Wheel Hose 416H wish they had used sockets Instead of lamps on the 1992 416H (y)

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Still waiting for the dealer to get out of storage.. unfortunately that looks like it will
Be awhile ... everything is shutting down... state of emergency declared yesterday because of cornoviris

·
Premium Member
2,901 Posts
Still waiting for the dealer to get out of storage.. unfortunately that looks like it will
Be awhile ... everything is shutting down... state of emergency declared yesterday because of cornoviris
I'm thinking if you can afford to be patient you will see some DEEP cuts in prices. HAng out and wait if possible.

·
Registered
33 Posts
By the way, on the bulbs, I started with the Sylvania 1156 LEDs and didn't like the light pattern with my XT3. I switched to the Yitamotor version and they work much better with a consistent forward facing light pattern.

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
By the way, on the bulbs, I started with the Sylvania 1156 LEDs and didn't like the light pattern with my XT3. I switched to the Yitamotor version and they work much better with a consistent forward facing light pattern.
Those look like the LEDs I replaced my OEM with. Here's a pic of mine but I can't remember what kind mine are.
20200325_101707.jpg

1 - 19 of 19 Posts