My Tractor Forum banner
  • Are you passionate about Tractors? Would you like to write about topics that interest you and get paid for it? Read all about it here!
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Retired Super Moderator - Deceased September 2015
26,672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got the first of several of my favorite Seed Catalogs today, Jung Seed. I am waiting still for my Park Seed catalog. I have had good luck ordering from both of those. I know I will be ordering Big Beef Tomato's, Derby Green Beans, Ambrosia Sweet Corn, German Giant Radishes. Lettuce, Peas, and other stuff I get at the Local Farm Store. :fing32:

·
Farm Show
5,382 Posts

Stokes Seeds , Harris Seeds, and Spring '12 H.garden , Seed Savers Exchange , Dixondale Farms , Indiana Berry Resource Guid , .

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
just got my first one yesterday

·
Registered
3,677 Posts
now don,t use boys try ta temp me ta start puttin seeds in the ground.i still gits four more months ah feedin the wood stove.thats if,n i was ta be lucky. last year it throwed us a curve ball.did,n get right till way late in the spring.ya notice prices are hitting the roof.glad i keep lots of seeds myself.ta replant.

·
acolt45
7 Posts
We use the local Grain Store for all our seed needs as they have a great selection.

This saves us a lot of dollars, bulk vs. package.
We also dry our seeds from current production and use them for the next year’s crop.

We are still pickin greens this week in Michigan! the ground is normally frozen, but this warm weather is unthinkable. We also replanted 25 trees last week.

Our biggest issue is keeping the Deer off the crop; as they sometimes jump the 6ft fence and they also love our trees.

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
My wife and I have our order all ready to go!! Just waiting on my uncle to let me know what else he wants. We do most of our ordering through Harris Seed, and then get a few from Jung.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.