My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had a chance to play with the loader on my new 2520 a bit this afternoon and it brought up a question I hope I can get some advice on. With my loader, I can't curl and lift at the same time. If for example, I am lifting and I move the joystick to the left to curl up, the lift stops and the curl begins. When I move the joystick back to the right stop the curl, the lift begins again and the curl stops. I can curl and lower at the same time.

This machine has the indy lift installed, and per the 62D MMM installation instructions, the regen feature has been disabled. There is apparently a little L shaped bracket that is flipped on the right side of the machine. Could the lack of regen be causing this? If not, what is regen just for my info.

I feel I would be able to be more efficient at loader work if I could curl and lift at the same time, hence my preference to have both movements. Thoughts?

·
Registered
102 Posts
I have a 2320 (No independent lift) and even with the RPM's high, I cant really get it to lift/curl at the same time.. I think part of my problem is the low volume my pump puts out and because its shared use.

There was a post on another forum regarding this and it appears that they may be a fine line between the lift/curl positions that allow you to do both.. BUT if you are off slightly one way or another it wont.. I have not found this mid-position yet though..

good luck

brian

·
Registered
618 Posts
Hi boondocker,
Are your hoses connected properly? Check the pic.
The regen,if I'm not mistaken,is for quicker bucket dumping. I don't think it has anything to do with your problem.
Hope this helps.

Greg

Attachments

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
Both of my 2520's will lift and curl at the same time, I would be lost if it didn't as the CUTS see mainly loader work. I have the Deere valve on mine as we run the top/tilt link cylinder on the 3 pt.

·
Registered
413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hi boondocker,
Are your hoses connected properly? Check the pic.
The regen,if I'm not mistaken,is for quicker bucket dumping. I don't think it has anything to do with your problem.
Hope this helps.

Greg
I am pretty sure they are correct, but I double check tomorrow. I have the same color caps and plugs on the hoses so unless the dealer flipped which color hose has the gray cap/plug with which hose has set has the yellow cap / plug I am pretty sure they are correct. On yours, does curl up = left movement of the joystick? Pulling stick back = lift?

One thing I could try I suppose is flipping the curl hoses, I can curl up and drop the bucket no problem, it is just lifting and curling up that is the issue. I wonder if I flip the hoses, if I could then curl up and lift just fine, but lose the ability to curl up and drop at the same time. I havn't tried lifting and curling down yet so that is another thing.

Either way, I think I'll call the dealer tomorrow to see what they say. I asked about this when I was tractor shopping and he mentioned that on the Deere loaders (as opposed to Kubota's), they only allowing curling up or lifting separately so as to maximize the available force of each movements (theory being if you do both at the same time, neither would be as strong), but since you all with 2x20 machines can do both movements I am skeptical if this is indeed true.

·
Only Green For Me!
228 Posts
How many hours on your 2520? I have had mine for 2 weeks now and am at 23 hours. It did seem to be a very fine line between lift and curl when I first got it, but now seems to not be a problem at all. Don't know if it is just getting broken in or I have gotten better with the joystick, but it does work on the 2520.

·
Registered
413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
How many hours on your 2520? I have had mine for 2 weeks now and am at 23 hours. It did seem to be a very fine line between lift and curl when I first got it, but now seems to not be a problem at all. Don't know if it is just getting broken in or I have gotten better with the joystick, but it does work on the 2520.
3.9 hours. I to wonder if maybe the linkage just needed to be broken in (and my experience with the loader increased). Maybe it is just so stiff right now and my movements are too course...

·
Only Green For Me!
228 Posts
Another tip I will give you is at 15-20 hours, take a couple of wrenches and go around and check all the loader fitting connections. I had a small leak on one and found every single connection needed to be snugged up. I have been using the heck out of the loader during the last week though.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts