My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HI All..

I am in the process of purchasing a 2008 LEgacy XL 4WD, Deisel, with FEL, and mower. $9000, sounds good??? Less than 200 hours.

I can not seem to find any material about the backhoe attachments online. I want to know how they attach, how they get thier hydraulic power, etc. My local dealer seems to be lackiing the info.

Also, can I still get a backhoe for the 2008 XL.

I am looking forward to using this. I am looking at purchasing a CA015 Plug Core aerator (56") and a broadcast spreader. I am bidding on a contract to aerate and fertilize 32 acres of soccer field.

I look forward to talk to all you in the future, and sharing info...:drunkie::drunkie:

·
Registered
20 Posts
Where do you live in Ontario? Egger truck and tractor in Dunnville had a back hoe a while ago for Legacy XL, not sure about now.Phone #905-774-1060,give them call and see if they still have it or if I get there tomarrow I will find out and repost.

·
Registered
1,590 Posts
Yes I'm sure you can still purchase the back hoe because they have not changed the design on the Legacy XL. I'm pretty sure the hoe runs off the pto. If you go to you tube and put in Legacy XL backhoe you will see one of our members Randy doing a demo with his.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
All,
I went to do a face to face inspection of the machine today with Slim, to see if the machine was as good as they said it was. It was good, clean, 194hrs. They bought it in 2008, used it one summer, one winter, they put it away, and hired a contractor to cut the lawm.

The only problem is they dont have the link arm for the 3 pt hitch. If the tractor was purchased with the 3 pt hitch, it should have cam with the link arms , right???

If I have to buy all that, what kind of $$$ am I looking at. I desperately need the 3 pt hitch to attach my soon to be Land Pride Plug Aerator.

btw, the FEL was only used to move snow.

·
Registered
700 Posts
That is a good price. What size deck? I paid about the same which included the FEL and 60" deck for my 2006. BTW, you'll love the diesel.

·
Registered
273 Posts
HI All..

I am in the process of purchasing a 2008 LEgacy XL 4WD, Deisel, with FEL, and mower. $9000, sounds good??? Less than 200 hours.

I can not seem to find any material about the backhoe attachments online. I want to know how they attach, how they get thier hydraulic power, etc. My local dealer seems to be lackiing the info.

Also, can I still get a backhoe for the 2008 XL.

I am looking forward to using this. I am looking at purchasing a CA015 Plug Core aerator (56") and a broadcast spreader. I am bidding on a contract to aerate and fertilize 32 acres of soccer field.

I look forward to talk to all you in the future, and sharing info...:drunkie::drunkie:
I don't know about the great white north but if you live in the us and you are bidding on to fertilize a feild you need a licence for pesticides and fertilize 1 acre is 42,000 sq ft (Sorry i don't know the metric system)
so thats 1,260,000 sq feet so if you buy scotts one bag is 15000 sq feet you would need 84 bags each time there gonna think your building a bomb lol

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
As long as I buy "slow-release" there is no problem. If I try to buy nitrate or Urea, then I need a farmers license.

I am still trying to locate a place around here where I can rent a PTO s[reader, before I by one. I still might use a tow behind for this season

1 - 7 of 7 Posts