My Tractor Forum banner

81 - 87 of 87 Posts

·
Registered
470 Posts
Discussion Starter #81
Pretty sure the X540 has 1" spindles for the front, so those cheap 3/4" ones won't work. Here is the jdparts page:
https://partscatalog.deere.com/jdrc/sidebyside/equipment/72357/referrer/navigation/pgId/2429353
Here is the bearing for one:

Looks like they are generally available and a little over $100 for new, used ones don't look a lot cheaper right now.

Thank you for confirming what I thought I remembered.

·
Registered
470 Posts
Discussion Starter #82
I finally got off my thin wallet and ordered some supplies:

two new front wheels AM102887, $218 shipped
two new 4-ply MaxAuto sneakers 16 x 6.50 - 8, $64 shipped
mounting, $10.

I will scrap the one damaged wheel and store the other (near bald) for a spare.

·
Registered
470 Posts
Discussion Starter #84
Earlier this week I mounted the new wheels/ tires; the damaged wheel went on the street and was gone within hours.
Today I received some new outer yellow caps ($9, one was cracked). I'll place the two original caps on the front tire that I'm keeping as an emergency spare.

As my cutting blades are nearly two years old today I arbitrarily purchased new ones (54' C deck); $56 from Amazon.
Next month it's time for new oil, filters, plugs and lube; if the blades need replacing then I'll be ready. If not they easily store.

I also need to soon perform annual maintenance on the whole house gen set; all this is no longer the fun it once was; any volunteers? Free (after the fact) beer.

·
Registered
761 Posts
Had there been before, during and after beer, I would have started driving. hahahahahaha So few things are as much fun anymore.

·
Registered
3,595 Posts
I haven't read this whole piece but the Kawasaki engine is designed to run with the air filter on. If it is not on, trying to tune it will be a waste of time.

·
Registered
470 Posts
Discussion Starter #87
I haven't read this whole piece but the Kawasaki engine is designed to run with the air filter on. If it is not on, trying to tune it will be a waste of time.
The missing air filters (2), the airbox cover and all the securing screws were replaced many years ago. Same with the missing headlamps and bulbs.

81 - 87 of 87 Posts