My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Everyone,

I am looking to buy a used garden tractor. I found a GHT2654 at the local equipment store for around $1,600.00.

I was wondering if this is a good deal?

It has 26HP B & S engine, 54in Deck around 80 hours..
:thanku:

·
Registered
359 Posts
try to get the serial number. I think you mean the model is GTH? I have the GTH2654 26hp - 2005, which I believe is the last year they made that model (it could have been that 2006 was the last year too). I pretty sure that by 2007, they changed the model codes. This particular model was the last year Husqvarna used the heavier steel in the frame in the garden tractor model.

the 26 els B&S is not a bad motor, much better than the kohler motors. As long as you maintain it you should be good to go.

I bought my GTH2654 used in 2006 for 1,300 - I think it had 49 hours on it.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
try to get the serial number. I think you mean the model is GTH? I have the GTH2654 26hp - 2005, which I believe is the last year they made that model (it could have been that 2006 was the last year too). I pretty sure that by 2007, they changed the model codes. This particular model was the last year Husqvarna used the heavier steel in the frame in the garden tractor model.

the 26 els B&S is not a bad motor, much better than the kohler motors. As long as you maintain it you should be good to go.

I bought my GTH2654 used in 2006 for 1,300 - I think it had 49 hours on it.
That's correct it is a GTH not GHT. I was a little sleepy when I wrote that last night. The serial number looks like it is B005663.

I wanted this to use ground equipment + snow plow/snow thrower. Would it be sufficent for these tasks?

·
Registered
359 Posts
yes, this was the last of the GTs that had the heavier frame. the new GTs, use a lighter frame.

You'll still weights/chains. I use Johnny bucket, plow, and pull wood in a large trailer.

I stand corrected, there are 2007 & 2008 GTH

the model number should be 96043003002 or 96043003001. I believe they are the leftovers from the 2006

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yes, this was the last of the GTs that had the heavier frame. the new GTs, use a lighter frame.

You'll still weights/chains. I use Johnny bucket, plow, and pull wood in a large trailer.

I stand corrected, there are 2007 & 2008 GTH

the model number should be 96043003002 or 96043003001. I believe they are the leftovers from the 2006
Overall you would recommend this mower? I was going to purchase an LGT2335 (I think that is the model I may be mistaken) from Lowes, but I thought this one would be a bit better, and the price is right.

·
Registered
359 Posts
LGT means light garden tractor - the frame is lighter. If you plan on snowblowing and ground engaging, in which you will need weights and chains, you'll be better off with the GTH. It's more heavy duty than the LGT.

You don't indicate, but if the 23hp is kohler, stay away from the motor. If it's a Kaw, that's probably better than the B&S, but check parts availability first - a lot of times hard to find. My local dealer won't sell the maintenance parts for KAW because he has a hard time finding them and needs them for his shop.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Check to see what Hydro unit is in it. I have a 2007 GTH2654 with the Tough Torq K46 which is very weak and not for ground engaging work.

I love the tractor though. It mows great and has plenty of power. I also have a snow blade for mine. Last winter when we had 44 inches of snow overnight the Husqvarna got a real work out. I think I overheated the hydro unit. It didn't want to back up near the end of use. It was fine the next time I used it though.

Since then I changed the oil in the "non-servicable" Hydro unit as recommended on Tough Torq's web site and converted from dino 10w-30 to synthetic 5w50. I now have 95 hours on mine and it again runs like new.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Yes. Tuff Torq recommends changing from the factory dino 10w-30 fill to synthetic 5w-50. They say the synthetic showed a 20° decrease in operating temperatures.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts