My Tractor Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, last week, I mowed my yard, and after I finished, I disassembled the deck and cleaned it real good, and also the mower. Instead of putting it back together, I drove my mower under my gazebo to let it dry...then pulled my deck under there also.
Fast forward a week, I went out to put it all back together, so I could mow..and I put it in neutral so I could roll it over the deck. The right back wheel will not budge. So i got off pulled the lever to make sure it had went into neutral correctly..and still it will not budge. I then put it into drive to see if that would help and all it would do was drive in a circle. Can you help me with what it could possibly be? I just dont have a clue what happened from one mowing to the other. Thank you!!

·
Registered
3,432 Posts
I think that model has a manual parking brake underneath the seat period I think that lever in gauges a series of three notches on a wheel on each of the hydras. You might want to check each side and make sure this is properly moving. Would be highly unlikely that the hydro would simply quit completely or lock up from one week to the next period I will caution you though since you said let it dry off. My best advice is to keep the water hose and pressure washer far away from these units. If you do some searching you can find many instances of these including Cub Cadet having Hydro failures at low hours due to water contamination from getting in the vent cap from people hosing them off. I bought a used zero-turn and I did degrease it and clean it with water when I first bought it. You need to be very careful and not get any water around the top cover vent on each hydro and never spray pressure water directly on the hydro seals or anywhere where shafts come out.
I think the best way is to use a strong leaf blower or air compressor blow gun to clean the grass and dirt and grime off of them and to keep the water far away. It's not even good for the bearings in the spindles to get too much water on them or to use those deck wash clean outs. The bearings will last longer if you keep the water away from them but that's not nearly as big of an issue as a hydro getting water in it.

·
forkz
6,277 Posts
i have 06 z force 50 800 hours no problems i think the rzt has difrent hydros z foce has izts try jacking it up and see if will turn

·
Registered
1 Posts
So, last week, I mowed my yard, and after I finished, I disassembled the deck and cleaned it real good, and also the mower. Instead of putting it back together, I drove my mower under my gazebo to let it dry...then pulled my deck under there also.
Fast forward a week, I went out to put it all back together, so I could mow..and I put it in neutral so I could roll it over the deck. The right back wheel will not budge. So i got off pulled the lever to make sure it had went into neutral correctly..and still it will not budge. I then put it into drive to see if that would help and all it would do was drive in a circle. Can you help me with what it could possibly be? I just dont have a clue what happened from one mowing to the other. Thank you!!
did you figure out what the problem is I'm having the same issue, mine ran out of gas while I was mowing filled it up next morning went to move it only went in circles. Put it in neutral to pull it back towards the house still locked up....

·
Premium Member
6,362 Posts
...just fyi, Keri hasn't logged into the site since shortly after making that one post 4 years ago...you are unlikely to get a response from that user.

You might consider making a new thread with your problem.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts