My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok i have owned my 2210 for about 2 years now and bought it used. i t has had a hard life as it is used daily for my excavating business. to get into tight areas and used at home also. but my issue is it has a white smoke and rough running for ther first minuite or 2 until it comes up to temp then the issue dissapears for a little while. and when it is above 1/2 throttle when it is warm it starts knocking like a rod knock. it only has 458 hours right now and has always been fairly well maintained. would i be along the right lines asuming i have a injector that is sticking shut when cold and sticking upen when at higher rpms? if i am on the right track can someone point me inthe right direction. any help would be greatly apreciated.

·
9K+ Poster
12,163 Posts
brapp,

Welcome to the forum! :Welcome1: I'm no mechanic, but hopefully some of our diesel gurus will start chiming in, :)

·
Registered
2,296 Posts
the issues at cold start up don't concern me, alot of diesels do that...as long as the white smoke doesn't come back while it's running after it's up to temp. if it does then more likely than not you are correct that an injector is sticking open. as for the knocking, could be related or could be something totally different but it would concern me if it's real loud to the point of taking it in.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i am fairly knolegeble in diesels and it seems like its pre ignition. and its alot of white smoke on start up. like enough that i cant even see the tractor. its not using coolant so i doubt head gasket or cracked head. and its doing a similar issue to a out of ing\jection timing.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts