My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,I just bought a 2003 regent with 16hp vanguard with foot pedals for the hydro control.The guy I got it from says it will go good for a while but when it run too long 15 mins or so it will just stop moving :duh: I noticed it was not real fast kinda of a slow mover from the get go & seamed real slow in reverse.Is it possible all I need to do is change the hydro fluid,I hope the hydro is not junk :i_praying Thanks

·
Loves Orange and White
34 Posts
Need to get a sample of the hydro fluid, if its silvery colored your hydro is badly worn. There should be a tag on the hydro stating mfg. and model, let us know what you find.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have to pull the whole trans axle out & dump out the oil through the vent,theirs no drain on this.what type of oil should I use.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hey guys hears an update.The wheels on this thing was not the original,the guy I bought this from gave me the one that came on this new.I went to change them & had a real hard time getting them off the center of rim was mashed in from him hammering them on to make a long story short i ended up breaking the clip on the axle in the differential :crybaby: I had to take the trans axle out anyways.I put a new clip on axle changed oil & it works just fine now.I used regular hydro oil.Thanks

1 - 9 of 9 Posts