My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Thank You MTF
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My tractor usually runs pretty good but starting last fall it has been missing on a cylinder under load. I have replaced the spark plugs before and it helped but it still missed sometimes. This winter blowing snow it has been missing a lot while under load. I did notice that a plug wire was had worked itself loose from the plug cap, but I also noticed that the plug caps don't really fit snugly on the plugs. I use it quite a bit so the gas should be fresh and since it does it above and below freezing I do not really suspect water in the fuel. I plan to get some plugs and caps today - fill up on fresh non ethanol 91 and add a touch of Seafoam.

Are there any common issues with the LC Kawi motors that would make this happen? Trying to avoid a trip to the dealer if I can.

·
Thank You MTF
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
My tractor usually runs pretty good but starting last fall it has been missing on a cylinder under load. I have replaced the spark plugs before and it helped but it still missed sometimes. This winter blowing snow it has been missing a lot while under load. I did notice that a plug wire was had worked itself loose from the plug cap, but I also noticed that the plug caps don't really fit snugly on the plugs. I use it quite a bit so the gas should be fresh and since it does it above and below freezing I do not really suspect water in the fuel. I plan to get some plugs and caps today - fill up on fresh non ethanol 91 and add a touch of Seafoam.

Are there any common issues with the LC Kawi motors that would make this happen? Trying to avoid a trip to the dealer if I can.
Well I talked to the dealer and they told me a couple things to look at and one of them was to check the voltage of the battery cuz the stator light is on so... I checked it and wide open throttle I get 12.75 volts

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
6,041 Posts
Unplug each spark plug one at a time and see if it keeps running or not.

You can see what cylinder that is not working then.

·
Thank You MTF
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the reply Jim - I haven't been able to do that it really happens mostly when under load. Kinda the thing that's broke and you take it in and it runs perfect every time.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

·
Kish JD 318/420/430
3,105 Posts
A miss fire can be caused by a lot of things. But I found out that a coolant leak (via head or intake gasket can show up under load to) making a spark plug(s) do strange things. I found that out after towing a 430 back with my 97 Blazer after I purchased it. Watched it on a diagnostic computer (misfire codes popping on the affected cylinders) pulled those plugs and found crystal type build on the plug(s).

So just food for thought. In general on Kawasaki's; Check for correct spark, Pull plugs and check, check plug wires, check coil(s), check trigger(s), Check pickup(s). See engine diagnostics

1 - 6 of 6 Posts