My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a used GT5000 last weekend. I brought it home and cleaned it all up. It's got a B/S 22HP motor and a 50" deck. Problem is I can't find a rear bagger that fits it. I called Sears customer service and they told me a rear bagger was never designed for this model!!!! Has anyone ever had any luck modifiying a 42" or 54" 3 big bagger before?

·
Registered
348 Posts
you can get a new deck shell off ebay for less than the price of a bagger some times. pretty sure you could reuse 90% of the parts all ready on the deck.

·
Registered
15 Posts
a 44" and a 50" mower deck on a craftsman or any ayp riders CAN NOT HAVE A BAGGER! you can't modify any bagger! mulching kit either.

-mower_man-

reply soon!

·
Registered
172 Posts
You might be able to pickup a used 48" deck off a Gt5000, The one on my DLT2000 looks identical, that might work too. FYI, if that briggs has a yellow clip air filter, I would check the intake for dirt infiltration, big problem with those engines.

·
Registered
833 Posts
If you have the yellow air filter, you have bigger problems than baggers!! Do a search here to find out.

For all the aggravation of trying to modify something that was never meant to be, just buy a sweeper for $300 or so and learn to be happy with it.

Oh, didn't mean to be "nasty" above, but I'm on my THIRD engine, the first two were 22HP replaced by Sears, the third is a 26HP (with a working air filter!!) provided by briggs.

Good Luck,

Ev

·
Registered
129 Posts
mxrdrver,

Get a set of Gator mulching blades. You'll have no need for a bagger. And, they're cheaper and a lot less work.

Runningbare

·
Registered
1 Posts
I also have a 50" deck and would like to attach a bagger. Does anyone have information as to why a bagger can't be modified to fit this deck. Sears was no help. Thanks

1 - 8 of 8 Posts