My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know where the blower motor is located on a 2001 Chrysler Concorde? It's Sunday night and I don't have a book on the car.......yet.

·
Banned
2 Posts
Does anyone know where the blower motor is located on a 2001 Chrysler Concorde? It's Sunday night and I don't have a book on the car.......yet.

if i am not mistaken its up under the dash on the right side ..If you remove the the bottom of the dash panel you should be able to see it ..you may have to remove your glove box to get the darn thing out ..Ihave a 2000 interpid and thats where mine is

·
20,000 +posts!
20,959 Posts
It might have a blower motor resistor ,if so,I'd check that before yanking the motor out!..
my friend spent a few hours removing a blower motor on his car,and found out too late it had a relay for the blower that was bad!..wasted 50 bucks and an afternoon replacing the blower motor for nothing!..

·
4K Poster!!!
4,504 Posts
If it works on high speed only, the resistor is bad.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
If it works on high speed only, the resistor is bad.
It works on all speeds. It has a noise that resembles a baseball card in the spokes of a bicycle wheel. A time or two it made a noise similar to a bad bearing. I don't know of a resistor that does that. This is why I am thinking blower motor.

·
4K Poster!!!
4,504 Posts
Yup, had a car that did that. Scared the heck out of me when it first started doing it. It would suddenly come out with a loud screech while I was driving. It took few times for me to isolate it to the blower motor. I got a used one that did the same thing. The bushing would dry out and screech. Fortunately is was easy to get at, so I put some light grease in the bushing, and it was quiet thereafter.

·
4K Poster!!!
4,504 Posts
MM, your baseball card comment makes me wonder - is a leaf or maple seed caught in there?

·
20,000 +posts!
20,959 Posts
Betcha a mouse is in it,or part of its nest!..or a pen or pencil fell into the defroster duct and is brushing against the blower wheel maybe..

My friend had a woman customer bring her Subaru wagon in one day,that had a weird problem with the blower--when you ran it on the higher speeds,it would vibrate the entire dashboard ,like a washing machine with a unbalanced load in it!..he figured the motor had bad bearings or the fan was broke,so he told her to leave it,and he'd call her when it was fixed..

We proceeded to start taking the dash and ductwork apart to get at the motor,and as we were removing them we saw tons of jute padding ,probably from the firewall mat ,all stuffed in the ducts--when we were able to see the blower wheel,it was full of debris..my friend reached in and pulled a handfull of crud out--among it was a mouses head,all petrified!..after cleaning all the rest of the junk out,we found two more beheaded mice,and it stunk like **** in there!--we sprayed it with Clorox bleach and after it dried,we tried the blower,and it ran nice and smooth again!..

My friend put the rats nest and three mice heads in a baggie,and when the lady came to get her car,she asked if he had to put a new blower motor in--he said "nahhh,it was just this stuff al packed in the blower fan--and he handed her the baggie..I thought she was going to :eck16: when she realized what was in the bag!.."EEEEEEWWWWWWW!"..we laughed and she said "Oh my GAWD,I have been breathing that in all winter??"..HMMMPH!..she said her kids refused to ride in the Subaru,saying the smell it made made them ill..called it the Poop-aru Wagon!..

·
Banned
2 Posts
Betcha a mouse is in it,or part of its nest!..or a pen or pencil fell into the defroster duct and is brushing against the blower wheel maybe..

My friend had a woman customer bring her Subaru wagon in one day,that had a weird problem with the blower--when you ran it on the higher speeds,it would vibrate the entire dashboard ,like a washing machine with a unbalanced load in it!..he figured the motor had bad bearings or the fan was broke,so he told her to leave it,and he'd call her when it was fixed..

We proceeded to start taking the dash and ductwork apart to get at the motor,and as we were removing them we saw tons of jute padding ,probably from the firewall mat ,all stuffed in the ducts--when we were able to see the blower wheel,it was full of debris..my friend reached in and pulled a handfull of crud out--among it was a mouses head,all petrified!..after cleaning all the rest of the junk out,we found two more beheaded mice,and it stunk like **** in there!--we sprayed it with Clorox bleach and after it dried,we tried the blower,and it ran nice and smooth again!..

My friend put the rats nest and three mice heads in a baggie,and when the lady came to get her car,she asked if he had to put a new blower motor in--he said "nahhh,it was just this stuff al packed in the blower fan--and he handed her the baggie..I thought she was going to :eck16: when she realized what was in the bag!.."EEEEEEWWWWWWW!"..we laughed and she said "Oh my GAWD,I have been breathing that in all winter??"..HMMMPH!..she said her kids refused to ride in the Subaru,saying the smell it made made them ill..called it the Poop-aru Wagon!..

.called it the Poop-aru Wagon!.. LMAO :sidelaugh

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

I was about to agree with the leaf idea until I saw this. Hmmmm. Maybe this could explain the odor. The car has an unpleasant odor to it that really doesn't last very long. Kinda like a stagnant water flavor. Beheaded rodents? EWWWWWWW!!! I hope I don't find anything that awful in this car. BTW, does a 2001 Concorde have a recircalator (misspelled, I know) filter like some cars? I didn't get an owners manual when I bought the car and I don't have a repair manual......yet. I plan to start the repair job this weekend.

·
4K Poster!!!
4,504 Posts
You could be smelling stagnant water condensed by the A/C evaporator. I shut my A/C off a couple of miles from home and run the blower on "vent" to dry it out. I don't get that nasty smell any more.
Your condensate drain hose could be plugged up, too. They get clogged with algae and un-named crud.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
You could be smelling stagnant water condensed by the A/C evaporator. I shut my A/C off a couple of miles from home and run the blower on "vent" to dry it out. I don't get that nasty smell any more.
Your condensate drain hose could be plugged up, too. They get clogged with algae and un-named crud.
I didn't think of that.

·
The voice of reason !
2,720 Posts
:ditto:

My best friend has a 2006 Honda Pilot his wife drives she call me saying it was leaking inside the truck and she didn't want to call and bother him at work.

So i ask what was leaking color smell etc. she said it was water i told her to meet me at the dealer and sure enough it was the drain tube and it was also recalled so quick and easy fix at no cost.

Guess they lucked out.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts