My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
The Magnificent
20,952 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've seen plenty of PTOs for the 300 series with broken output shaft. The gear, item 22, pn M86234 is NLA as most PTO owners know.

Is there any interest in one? I'm going to talk to a machine shop who can do heat treating about repair or manufacture of the shaft.

Any serious interest?

·
Super Moderator
32,636 Posts
Come on folks, here's a chance to bring back many of the old 2000 series rear PTO's rather than scap them! The more that jump on this I'm sure the lower the cost will be!

·
Premium Member
796 Posts
Hey D_Dogg
I am in the same boat as you where mine has actually broken a chunk out between the two of the balls on the rear output side. I have made a bunch of inquiries and the only solution that has come up that would work for me was to purchase a shaft that goes all the way through and comes out the front side and then machine a groove for a circlip to hold it from sliding out the back and then weld on a new hub assembly on the rear side. I was quoted a little less than $200.00 for the parts and then whatever cost for machine work / welding. The 2 downsides would be that I would need to find a way to get the circlip off from under the tractor if I needed to remove it (which should not be very often) and then the PTO shaft to some implements may have to be shortened. But at least it would be useable. I am more interested in function than form however if it did look more like an unbroken original that would be good too.
Hopefully you can find a way to make it more like the original.
Keep us posted. And good luck.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts