My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2000 gasser, runs gret until temp gets warm, usually about 30-45 minutes depending on how hard you are working, then spudders and quits. let it cool down and will run again until same thing happens. have tried new gas cap anybody else had this problem? Thanks for any help.

·
Cal Fire Air Tanker Pilot
143 Posts
Well the problem is either electrical or fuel related. I would pick up an extra spark plug and carry it in my pocket, then run the tractor until it dies again. Once it does, put this spark plug on one of the wires where you can see it from the seat and see if the tractor has spark. If it does then your problem is fuel related, if not then it is electrical. This will narrow it down to which avenue to take and we can go from there..

·
Registered
1,864 Posts
need to know is a 4 cyl 2000 or a 3 cyl 2000

6v or 12v, new 12v coil.. or resistor / resistor wire and 6v coil.

in general though.. when it dies.. check for spark.. if you got good spark.. look at fuel..

soundguy

·
Registered
6 Posts
In my opinion, it sounds like the coil is breaking down, this usually happens after it warms up. Coils are cheap, easy to change out. Been through this many times with my old 8N. Brooks

·
Registered
1,864 Posts
Don't just guess.. diagnose from observation.

when it dies if it has no spark.. investigate that avenue.. just don't blindly change parts liek the condensor and coil without a few free tests and a couple minutes of diagnostics.

soundguy

1 - 6 of 6 Posts