My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My problem is similar to "TC 33D blowing main fuse" but not quite the same.
My NH TC33D won't start unless I run a jumper from the battery to the starter nipple. No fuses are blown, all lights on the control panel light when the ignition key is turned on. I've tried a new ignition switch. I've had it back to the local NH dealer and they've said they can't find anything wrong. (Maybe I should change dealers)

Any word of advice or a point in some direction is appreciated.

Jim in Maine

·
Mountain Mike
131 Posts
I've had it back to the local NH dealer and they've said they can't find anything wrong. (Maybe I should change dealers)
Let's see if I got this right... you take the tractor to the service shop. They can't crank the motor but they say they can't find anything wrong???

Yep, time for some new talent.

A couple of thoughts here; Are you sure all the safety switches are made? You know the neutral switch, the PTO switch, the seat switch if ya got one?

Have you checked to make sure voltage is getting to the starter when the key is turned to crank? If you're getting juice to the starter is the solenoid clicking in?

The electrical schematic in the owner's manual is kinda cryptic but if you look at it long enough it'll show you the trail between the ignition switch and the starter. That may point to something that you've overlooked.

I hope this helps.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Gone2dMtns:

And of course I left out an important detail - the inability to start happens sporadically. Sooo - when I bring it to the shop the principle of 'The Animosity of Inanimate Objects' kicks in and the **** thing starts like a champ.

Thanks for your tips - I'm going over all that today.

Jim

·
Mountain Mike
131 Posts
Jim,

Our model years are close together. I got mine in 2001. My neutral switch gave me a lot of grief and exhibited problems like you described. If you find the tractor not cranking, then you'll have to reach up behind the rear wheel and "tick" the switch and see if she'll crank then. If so then it will probably need some adjustment. I tell you, it's a pain to get to, but I managed to get the thing set correctly and haven't had the problem since.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Gone2dMtns:

I'm just back from a W/E in the Maine Mtns so didn't read your tip till today.
Thanks for that info - I'll give it a try in the morning. I hope it works, I'm getting tired of on again/off again starting - it got very old the first day...

Jim

1 - 5 of 5 Posts