My Tractor Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Almost done last fall. All new belts, idler pulleys, paint, choke cable. Rebuilt carb, fuel pump. To do this spring is replace the fuel line and refurbish the deck, bumper and snow blade. I'll add led lights as well. Has broken belt covers and exhaust shield, looking for replacement deck belt shields. The metal is thin and stiff so the tabs break off. I bought this off the showroom floor at Lowes 18 years ago. I estimate about 1000 hours are on it. My daughter will probably start using it this season. Hope to get another 18 seasons out of it.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
12,370 Posts
Looks great. I bought one of those from TSC in 2000 branded as a Huskee. 22hp B&S, autodrive(CVT trans)
I put bigger/taller rear tires on it to gain ground clearance and used it like a brushhog and beat the snot out of it mowing up to 5 acres with it for 15yrs.
I replaced belts, tie rod ends, the front axle on it, and 1 drive belt pulley in 15 yrs of abuse. That thing was tough. Sold it for $600 and regretted the sale.

5,923 Posts
Almost done last fall. All new belts, idler pulleys, paint, choke cable. Rebuilt carb, fuel pump. To do this spring is replace the fuel line and refurbish the deck, bumper and snow blade. I'll add led lights as well. Has broken belt covers and exhaust shield, looking for replacement deck belt shields. The metal is thin and stiff so the tabs break off. I bought this off the showroom floor at Lowes 18 years ago. I estimate about 1000 hours are on it. My daughter will probably start using it this season. Hope to get another 18 seasons out of it.

Looks real good. You'll get more seasons out of it. My craftsman is same year as yours a 2000 and its still running good.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.