My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I'm helping a friend with his Yard Pro riding mower. On top of the carb there are two tubes. One runs to the fuel pump. The other is not attached and when he runs it, the fuel comes spilling out of the carb. I need to know where that tube should be connected or was it suppose to be blocked?

Thanks for any info

Dave

·
Jersey Mechanic
1,015 Posts
Sounds like the overflow tube for the carb. IF that is what it is, then the float is stuck open in the carb. and it is flooding fuel through.

A pic. would help.

Dan

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sounds like the overflow tube for the carb. IF that is what it is, then the float is stuck open in the carb. and it is flooding fuel through.

A pic. would help.

Dan
Hi Dan,

He said it keeps running in choke. So does that still sound right with the choke being stuck? All try to snap a pic today.

Thanks Dave

·
Senior MTF Poster
13,261 Posts
20 hp Vanguard does not really define WHAT engine you are talking about. The model number is always essential for correct information.

IF by chance it happens to be a 46 series engine, one tube connects to the bottom of the rectangular box on the back of the carb and runs to a take off port on the engine block, the tube connecting to the left side when facing the carb, runs to the gas tank.

Walt Conner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts